|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
General Purpose of the Position
- Under the direct supervision of the COVAX Program Manager, the Project Officer (PO) shall contribute to all aspects of Project Cycle Management (PCM).
- This includes contribution to operational planning and supervision of project delivery, project staff, quality management, accountability and compliance with humanitarian and donor requirements.
- The PO will liaise closely with MEAL and accountability department, logistics, HR, and finance horizontally and vertically through the PM.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
- Supports in the operational planning, implementation and monitoring of Covid-19 vaccination project in close collaboration with the OFDA project Medical Activities Managers (MAM), WASH supervisors, Senior Protection Officers (SPOs), logistics officer, assigned MEAL staff, and the Accountability Officer.
- Supports the PM in planning and tracking budget expenditures and accountability, ensuring that cash held by staff are closed in a timely manner.
- Monitors and consolidates sector leave plans and shares with PM for approval and onward submission to HR and ensures strict adherence to leave schedule.
- Enhances teamwork and capacity building in order to ensure the delivery of quality aid to beneficiaries and their communities.
- Leads the coordination with HR regarding the recruitment of national staff, including drafting staff requests based upon JDs shared by line managers and ensures timely integration of new staff into teams.
- Supports the PM and security coordinator in enforcing security compliance by staff, including obtaining movement clearances, reporting of security incidents etc.,
- Supports the PM, HR and Line Managers in enforcing compliance with Organization’s policies and humanitarian principles, ensuring that there is a safe space for reporting and/or whistleblowing breach of Code of Conduct, fraud, etc.
- Supports MEAL in planning and supervising field data collection, and the PM in monitoring all field activities and tracking the performance of project performance indicators against the agreed targets and reviewing log frames, theories of change, context analyses and needs assessments that would inform programming.
- Leads in preparing PRs, following up with procurements to ensure that goods and services are delivered just in time and supervise distribution plans and reports.
- Any other task as assigned.
- Minimum of B.Sc / HND in Project Management, Public Administration, Economics or related field.
- A Certifications in Project management is desirable.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years project management experience in multinational working environment
- Minimum 3-year experience with recognized INGO
- Knowledge of Project Cycle Management
- Excellent networking skills, cultural sensitivity and adaptability
- High degree of negotiation and strong communication skills with ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with senior members of the humanitarian community as well as with field practitioners.
- Ability to work with a reasonable level of comfort in high tension and high security risk situations.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments and physical hardships.
- Understands work from a process point of view and uses measurement and accountability systems effectively.
- Knowledge of NGO and Humanitarian industry
- Computer literacy (MS Excel, MS Word)
- Good organizational skills Ability and willingness to travel between across locations of implementation within LGA
- Good command of written and spoken English, Kanuri and/or Hausa Language
Application Closing Date
20th August 2021 by 4:00 PM.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This is a proposal position, and recruitment depends on funding.
- Attach CV with the format “Surname and the Position you applied for”.
- Only candidates whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
- INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.