|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Officer – Community Liaison
Reference Code: 210000PT
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full-time
Job: Program Management
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Level: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
- The humanitarian crisis in the NE Nigerian states of Borno, Adamawa and Yobe (BAY) remains acute with many humanitarian indicators nearly as poor as were reported at the peak of the crisis. Vulnerable people continue to suffer from acute humanitarian needs, displacement, and violence which has been further exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- In this emergency context, IDP households are among the worst affected populations as displacement has resulted in the loss and destruction of key assets, the interruption of livelihoods and extensive trauma. In order to effectively respond to the crisis, CRS Borno’s emergency and early recovery programs are focused on food, NFIs, WASH and shelter for both IDPs and host families.
- Where possible, CRS will seek to maximize project impact, efficiency and effectiveness by adopting market-based approaches – through e-vouchers and the RedRose OneSytem platform – privileging integrated programming and empowering targeted communities through participatory approaches.
- As a member of the Emergency project team, the Community Liaison Officer (CLO) will serve as the focal point for community engagement and entry.
- You will support project teams to establish and maintain relationships with community members and local leaders and monitor and report on all project activities in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable.
- Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned community engagement activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Assist partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences related to community engagement.
- Coordinate communication and facilitate information sharing among the project team, implementing partners, and project beneficiaries at the community level to assist local partners in strengthening the community interest, involvement and support networks.
- Liaise with various community stakeholders and mobilize them to ensure full involvement of community leaders, community representatives, and local government representatives in the overall implementation and improvement of project activities.
- Support the CRS and partner field teams to identify community entry points, potential conflict triggers related to program activities and devise mitigating measures where needed.
- Build capacity among CRS and partner staff in the area of community engagement and effective communication techniques for trust and relationship building.
- In coordination with the project team support capacity building events for community representatives.
- Coordinate, monitor, and report on volunteer activities.
- Compile data provided at the community level as per project requirements and contribute to the preparation of reports.
- Develop and maintained a community stakeholder directory to include but not limited to key contacts in the community, local community based organization groups, local government agencies and humanitarian workers.
Key Working Relationships
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Community Liaison Assistant
- Internal: Program Managers, Project teams, MEAL staff, Operations staff
- External: Works collaboratively with partner CBO counterparts per LGA, as well as other stakeholders including focal points from local partners, government offices, non-governmental organizations and other agencies in field locations.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 60% of the time to field locations throughout the work week.
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience working in project support and community engagement. Experience required working with international NGOs in the area of emergency response. Familiarity of e-voucher assistance, Nutrition, Shelter and WASH programming desirable.
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to organize and prioritize a variety of initiatives.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members.
- General knowledge of local and state government practices.
- Well-developed knowledge of local community cultures, leaders, customs and practices through prior involvement in the community. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities.
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented.
- English required and proficiency in Hausa, Fulani, fluency in Kanuri and/or local languages will be an added advantage.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results:
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Application Closing Date
28th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
- Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
- CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm.
- CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.