|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Protected Species Observer II
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Standard
- Take Observations of marine mammals and other protected species during survey operations.
- Documents observation effort, sightings or acoustic detections in Joint Nature Conservation Committee (JNCC) or other approved format.
- Monitors permit or other environmental restrictions and calls for shutdown of survey operations when limiting conditions are reached.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for verifying that vendors and their subcontractors adhere to permit requirements, project plans, and industry standards
- Responsible for communicating Technical, Operational and SSH&E concerns and issues to Client’s Lead QC to ensure project proceeds according to Company standards
- Responsible for monitoring the occurrence and location of protected species relative to the field equipment and coordinating with vendor personnel whilst in the work area.
- Responsible for oversight of vendors operations and collection of effort and protected species or other observational data and reports
Skills and Qualifications:
- Completion of recognized PSO training course appropriate to observational equipment proposed, species expected and jurisdiction of the work site (absent of other guidance PSO’s should be trained in accordance with latest published JNCC standards. In the event that passive acoustic monitoring is proposed PAM operators shall have attended a recognized training course for the equipment and software used and at least one shall hold a bachelors or higher degree in bioacoustics or related science)
- Field experience as a PSO; ExxonMobil experience preferred
- Experience in the collection of environmental samples and data who has knowledge of sampling, testing, and classification techniques, industry SSH&E standards, environmental sampling equipment, operations, company reporting requirements, and an awareness of company operation integrity management system (OIMS) procedures
- Must be well versed in SSH&E practices and processes for field operations
- Must have excellent communication skills, possess high level of integrity, and willingness to build trust and accountability in inter-personal relationships while working in team setting
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English • Must be proficient in current communication mediums and technologies (i.e., Microsoft Office, telecommunications, email, meetings)
- Must be in good physical condition and shall comply with all project health and safety requirements (including any vendor, vessel or country-specific certifications required to work offshore)
- Must comply with requirements of company drug and alcohol and infectious disease prevention programs.
- Certifications must be current and not due to expire for the anticipated duration of the project
Application Closing Date
15th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online