The Imo State College of Education (Technical) is a state government higher education institution located in Ihitte / Uboma, Imo State, Nigeria.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Provost
Location: Ihitte / Uboma, Imo
- The Provost, who is the Chief Executive Officer of the College is charged with the responsibility of seeing to the day-to-day management and operations of the college.
- He/she who is the successful candidate would be expected to provide a strong professional, academic and administrative leadership for the college in executing the broad policies laid down by the Governing Council and Regulatory Agencies for the achievement of the objectives for which the College was established.
- He/she who is the Provost would be expected to demonstrate positive managerial attributes and innovative abilities.
Among other specific duties of the Provost would include being:
- The Chief academic, administrative and accounting officer of the college.
- The Chairman of the academic board which directs and oversees academic activities of the college.
- A member of the Govering Council of the College to attend all meetings of the council and be in charge of providing periodic reports on the progress of the college in terms of personal, finances and infrastructure and ensuring that the decisions of council are carried out faithfully and promptly.
- Responsible for approving and authorizing all payments, although he/she may delegate authority for certain votes to other officers in addition to all the expenditures of the college in accordance with the Government financial regulations, treasury circulars and Governing councils decisions/ directives under sound financial discipline and managements as may be advised by the Bursar of the College in all financial matters.
- Responsible for ensuring meetings of council of the College and it’s Committees are properly serviced
- A person who will foster good rapport with the relevant organs of the Public Colleges of Education, National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE) and other professional agencies, Institutions, bodies that would lead to the ultimate attainment of the College the status of a Centre of Excellence in Service.
Qualifications and Experience
- The candidate must hold a good honours Doctorate Degree from a recognized University in a field relevant to at least one programme in the College.
- He/she should be a registered and active member of a Professional Association in the field of Education.
- The possession of a professional teaching qualification, such as a minimum of Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) or Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) is Mandatory.
- Registration as a Professional Teacher with Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN) will be an added advantage.
- Candidate must not be above the age of fifty-five (55) years at the time of taking up the appointment.
- Candidate must possess a minimum of fifteen (15) years of post qualification teaching research experience in an institution of higher learning and in addition must have held a senior teaching/research and top administrative post in an institution of higher learning as evidence of ability to manage human and material resources
- Candidates must show evidence of good track record in result oriented researches reaching high National and International status in their research achievements as evident in scholarly publications.
- Candidate must at most have been a Chief Lecturerlequivalent of at least five years cognate experience.
- Candidate must be a person of proven integrity, intellectually and professionally sound, knowledgeable in the rules and regulations of the College of Education system
- He/she must be resourceful and be able to command the respect and loyalty of the members of staff and students of the College.
- He/she must be somebody who is not likely to foster personal, social, ethnic, political, religious and other sectional interests
- Candidate must be proficient in ICT skills and packages and must have evidence of community service.
- Candidate must be a man/woman of vision, a goal setter and getter and one that can produce and execute a strategic plan for the College.
Terms of Appoitment
- The appointment is for a tenure of four (4) years in the first instance/otherwise but the candidate may be eligible for re-appointment for a second term and final term of four (4) years based on satisfactory performance.
- The salary/remunerations are as contained in the Conditions of Service for Principal Officers of the Colleges of Education in Nigeria and as may be determined by Government policies from time to time.
Application Closing Date
14th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should attach to their Applications, fifteen (15) copies of their up-to-date Curriculum Vitae which must include the following:
- Full names, surname underlined
- Marital status and number of children, including the age of each
- Date and place of birth, Local Government Area and State of Origin (attach birth certificate)
- Current postal address and Permanent home address
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Academic and professional qualification and distinctions with dates
- Membership of Professional Association/Bodies
- Work experience in chronological sequence
- Present Employer-status and salary
- Extra-curricular activities
- Publications in standard APA format
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be the present
- Signature and Date
- Post Applied for and (15) Services to Local and International bodies.
Applications with photocopies of credentials and other supporting documents should be addressed and forwarded to:
The Ag. Registrar,
Imo State College of Education,
P. O. Box 1690, Owerri,
Imo State, Nigeria.
Note: Candidates are required to request their referees to send confidential reports on them to the same address as above before the closing date.