|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Psychologist
Location: OSS, Anambra, Nigeria
Required services: Consultancy to Provide Key Population Services
Duration: 42 Days with Possibility of extension
Commencement Date: 03rd Nov, 2021
Proposed Dates: Between 03rd Nov – 31st Dec, 2021 (excluding Public Holidays)
Supervisor: STO – KP/CBO
- FHI 360 will provide both facility-based and community-based comprehensive HIV services to KP through integrated community-based one stop shop clinics (OSS) and key population friendly health facilities (KPFHS)- faith-based, private, and public.
- The OSS clinic model is a type of community-based differentiated ART service delivery model for KP. The KPFHF is aimed at sustainability and ownership of KP care through provision of ART services to KP in a conventional healthcare.
- The OSS will have full continuum of staff (Front Desk Officer, Clinician, Pharmacist, Triage Nurse, Laboratory Scientist, Adherence Counsellor, Psychologist and Data entry clerk, case managers, janitor, and security personnel).
- The OSS will be a Safe haven to members of the key populations community as it will provide non-biased, non-stigmatizing and nonjudgmental friendly services to the designated populations.
- The OSS will be opened to members of the populations for all 5 working days of the week from 8:00am to 5:00pm on daily basis. However, there will be context specific service provision utilizing extended hours of service provision to address the need of clients who may not be disposed to visit the OSS during working hours or working days as arrangements can be made to visit at weekends based on discussions with the service providers at the facility.
The specific objectives of the KP intervention include:
- To create a supportive environment for key populations and foster community empowerment by providing a venue for relaxation, recreation, peer support, income generation and other activities to address underlying social factors such as SGBV and social marginalization.
- To provide health education and promote safer behaviors (including safer sex and safe injection) to reduce the risk of acquiring or transmitting HIV and STIs.
- To provide an integrated package of HIV/STI/RH services tailored to the needs of the KP clients through ‘friendly’ service providers who are sensitized and trained to serve KP.
- To serve as a distribution point for condoms, lubricants and needles/syringes and other key commodities to reduce HIV transmission.
- To build the capacity of KP CBOs to implement comprehensive HIV prevention and health promotion interventions.
- The Psychologist will work under the supervision of the OSS Clinician and PCT lead to provide Clinical Psychology support through the performance of the following duties:
Specific Deliverables are:
- Work within a multidisciplinary team in the OSS center according to the case management, bio-psychosocial approach;
- Conduct screening and assessment of beneficiaries and develop individualized treatment and rehabilitation plans according to their needs;
- Provide psychoeducation to beneficiaries and their families;
- Provide psychological support and counseling services to beneficiaries and their families;
- Provide family support when needed;
- Facilitate group therapy and support group sessions in coordination with the multidisciplinary team;
- Conduct home visits to provide further psycho-social support when needed;
- Organize community, rehabilitation and awareness activities for beneficiaries and their families in coordination with the multidisciplinary team;
- Attend and contribute to the weekly clinical supervision meeting;
- Ensure the complete and updated filing of beneficiary information, including follow-up visits and referrals.
- Assist in performing other tasks as requested.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- BA / B.Sc in Psychology (MA Degree is preferred).
- At least 2 years experience working within a multidisciplinary team.
- Previous training on case management and/or bio-psychosocial approach is an asset.
- Experience in Psychological First Aid, and other psychosocial support (MHPSS) activities
- Experience in working with people with mental health issues as an added advantage.
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading, writing).
- Working knowledge of Hausa is an advantage.
Application Closing Date
8th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified institutions should send in their Resume and Application to: GF_Advert@ahnigeria.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Members of Key populations are strongly advised to apply.