|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
BP Business Solutions Africa – We are HR Business Partners providing Best Practice business solutions to our clients through Brilliant Performance and Burning Passion for what we do. We are NOT HR consultants. We do NOT see ourselves as consultants. We prefer to see ourselves as your HR Business Partners working for you from outside your organization.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Quantity Surveyor shall be responsible for managing the contractual relationships between the various parties involved in any particular building project and shall make sure that the financial position of construction projects is accurately reported and controlled effectively. J
- ob holder will be expected to estimate the costs of construction projects, work with contractors, builders, and architects to provide the most cost-effective plans that meet high-quality standards.
Core responsibilities shall be:
- Prepare cost analysis based on the architectural drawings, engineering estimates, materials required, and labor involved
- Identify potential financial or construction risks and develop means to mitigate promptly
- Prepare cost plans to enable design teams to produce practical designs for construction projects, which involves liaising with architects, engineers, and subcontractors.
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
- Evaluate tenders from contractors and subcontractors and, where appropriate, negotiate with the contractors.
- Control all stages of projects within a predetermined budget and expenditure.
- Monitor and keep track of project progress and track changes in plans or constructions; update budgets
- Develop and maintain working relationships with contractors and subcontractors
- Manage costs to make sure that the initial budget is not exceeded.
- Analyze completed projects to determine ROI and compare costs
- Document progress, construction materials, inventory, and report on projects.
- Advise on property taxes, regulations, and local laws
Qualifications & Skills
- First Degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Engineering, Management, or related field (including an industrial placement. SC / HND in Quantity Surveying or any other related course)
- A minimum of three (3) years of general construction estimating experience, financial experience, construction experience, or related field
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to use/ learn how to use specialist software
- Able to interpret and analyze financial records and apply data to improved results
- In-depth understanding of construction, materials, pricing, and industry best practices
Application Closing Date
23rd June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.