|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Radiologic Technologist
SVN No.: SVN2023.02
IOM Classification: G5
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Organizational Unit: Migration Health
- Under the direct supervision of the Senior Radiologic Technologist and with the technical guidance from the IOM Teleradiology Centre and the overall supervision of the Chief Migration Health Officer or Migration Health Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for processing screening X-ray of the refugees and immigrants in the IOM Health Assessment Programme, and will specifically carry-out the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Take good quality chest X-ray images of migrants as requested by Physicians and/or Radiologist in accordance with IOM and international radiographic standards and resettlement countries technical instructions. Take the appropriate additional chest X-ray views using the standard procedures, when requested.
- Explain the X-ray examination procedures to applicants and answer questions. Prepare equipment’s and examination rooms for use, perform proper ID checking, correct biodata entry to CR/DR machines and standard labelling of the radiographic images avoiding substitutions.
- Apply proper radiographic techniques and radiation protection procedures during X-ray taking, including providing pelvic lead shielding for all, double wrap-around lead shielding for pregnant woman, positioning of applicants, collimation of X-ray beam, and use of proper X-ray exposure factors, and monitoring of applicants during the examinations.
- Perform proper processing of digital images on CR/DR machine, review the image quality and repeat when the image quality is not acceptable. Report important/urgent information to Radiologists and/or Physician.
- Contribute to maintaining consistently high-quality chest X-rays in the Radiology Unit through proper utilization of radiographic techniques, checking and correcting technical quality of the images, adherence to technical requirements of resettlement countries and training of staff involved in chest X-ray taking. Take the role of quality assurance focal person for the X-ray Unit, as needed.
- Participate in ensuring the overall radiation safety of the applicants, staff and the public by applying the standard radiation protection rules and regulations, regularly wearing personal radiation measurement badges, assisting the reading of the personal radiation monitoring badge, performing the duties of radiation protection focal person and communicating with the respective authorities, as needed.
- Take part in the regular and timely quality assurance of the CR/DR X-ray machines through proper handling of machines and regular checking of equipment performance and reporting of issues immediately. Contact external and internal technical service providers regarding maintenance service and repair of the X-ray equipment as needed.
- Contribute in optimizing the workflow in the Radiology Unit through applying regular quality control and improvement of the standard operating procedures including identification procedures and correctness of data entry to ensure quick, correct, and smooth X-ray processing and timely delivery of chest X-ray images and reports.
- Prepare daily worklists, barcodes, check the identity of applicants, radiographic counselling, uploading digital Chest X-rays images to e-Medical website, and/or burning images on CDs.
- Prepare statistical summary reports on operational activities of the Radiology Unit, document any other information and properly keep records as needed.
- Communicate with the Radiologist and/or Teleradiology Centers for the reading of the chest X-rays, take the role of the Country Office’s focal person for coordinating the radiology chest X-ray reading workflow and provide the chest X-ray reports to the panel physicians as needed.
- Contribute in implementing infection control measures and maintaining a tidy and neat work environment in the Radiology Unit.
- Suggest additional measures to improve the quality, speed or safety of the radiological procedures as needed.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
- University Bachelor’s Degree in Radiologic Technology from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant experience;
- Working experience in radiography, especially Chest X-Ray, knowledge of digital radiology machine required;
- Up to date professional license/Board certificate as per the country’s requirement;
- Good computer skill, especially in Microsoft Excel and Word is essential;
- Knowledge and experience in radiology information systems and Picture archiving and communication systems (PACS) an advantage; and,
- Experience in screening chest X-ray an advantage.
- Fluency in English (oral and written) required, working knowledge of the local language.
- Proven ability to work unsupervised and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- Knowledge of radiation and patient safety
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Flexible, adaptable and be able to demonstrate a client-focused attitude to delivery of the highest standards of care
- Demonstrated ability to maintain detail, accuracy, and confidentiality.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example, and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: work strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station and within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, confirmation of all documents, and security clearances.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
23rd January, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications via email to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating Position applied for as the subject of the email.
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to “Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM)” and with a subject line SVN2023. 02 Radiologic Technologist, Lagos”
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.