CredPal is a financial technology company that provides credit cards for consumers to meet their immediate financial needs. We are leveraging technology and the retail industry to provide a modern consumer credit solution for Africa and beyond.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Recovery Officer
Location: Yaba, Lagos
- We are looking to hire a very proactive debt recovery officer who is responsible for providing support to the organisation with particular emphasis on the collection of revenue and management of finance.
- The position liaises directly with clients, issues notices, negotiates outstanding payments and where necessary initiates recovery action.
- The Debt Recovery Officer is responsible for the administration and implementation of the debt recovery process.
- Recovery of classified loans.
- Conduct regular review and visits to clients with outstanding loan portfolios at risk.
- Daily review of all the outstanding and overdue loan clients.
- Initiate process to prosecute hard core debtors in line with guiding policies and within acceptable legal framework.
- Contact relevant employers with outstanding debts in line with policy and procedures.
- Negotiate, set up and monitor payment arrangements in accordance with delegations and procedures.
- Contact debtors by telephone, letter, email or fax, to agree debt recovery plans and follow up as appropriate.
- Reviewing documentation (all aspects of contract) to assess liability, identify contract issues and judge recoverability.
- Using knowledge and initiative to reach amicable solutions to recovering debts from clients, taking into account circumstances of the case.
- Establish repayment schedules, monitoring repayment of debts, and adherence by debtors to installment schedules.
- Researching debtor companies, assisting in researching laws and procedures to provide written advice to clients.
- Maintain statistics on recoveries.
- Negotiate workout plan or loan rescheduling with willing debtors.
- BSc / HND in Accounting, Banking & Finance, Economics, Statistics and other related fields.
- 2 – 4 years experience in debt recovery in the financial sector.
- Must possess strong negotiating skills.
- Articulate and result oriented.
- High level of integrity.
- Accurate, organised, and motivated.
- Previous successful loan recovery experience.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Good time management.
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral) and an excellent telephone manner.
- Appropriately assertive manner to deal with debtors and clients.
- Proactive and ability to take initiative.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online