Grand Cereals Limited (GCL), a subsidiary of UAC of Nigeria Plc, is an integrated foods company whose primary activity is the creation of superior value from local raw materials to produce and deliver superior quality brands in the animal feed, edible oils, breakfast cereals, pet food and other intermediate and consumer cereals products to Nigeria and West Africa markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Refining / Packaging Coordinator
Location: Jos, Plateau
Function: Supply Chain
Job Class: JC 11
Reports To: Plant Manager – Oil Plant
Purpose of Job
- Responsible for the effective supervision and organization of materials, provision of logistics and engineering support in the packaging of Grand Pure Soya Oil and the supervision, training, and motivation of team members to achieve Oil Plant targets and overall business profit targets.
Production & Packaging:
- Ensure packaging of agreed quantity of products meet sales & distribution forecasts.
- Ensures production plans in terms of quantity and quality is achieved on daily basis.
- Prepare plant and equipment for production.
- Make packaging/raw materials available for all the shifts.
- Provides daily reports on production activities.
- Monitors and enforce the cleaning of machinery and environment.
- Ensure efficient operation of plant and equipment.
- Monitors the performance of machineries and equipment, advise the management on necessary regular maintenance.
- Maintain quality assurance to ensure product quality and consistency.
- Ensures correct handling of products at various stages of manufacturing.
- Ensures Packaging Materials are of right quality.
- Implement all food safety activities.
- Ensures all activities are done according to Standard Operating Procedure.
Health, Safety and Welfare:
- Ensures health, safety and welfare of employees are assured so that organizational objectives can be optimally met.
- Ensures production staff are well kitted and observe safety guidelines
- Ensure that departmental organization has the continuous availability of sufficient motivated and well-trained personnel.
- Monitor performance of each staff and provide counselling services where necessary.
- Evaluate and control manpower requirements.
- Ensure that breakdowns are promptly arrested to promote the achievement of targets.
- Ensure that production line efficiencies are maintained.
- Available at every shift to provide facility advice and operational support to his Team.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of First Degree (HND, B.Eng. or BSc.) in Engineering or Sciences.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in related field.
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude:
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Teamwork/Team Player
- People Management
- Good written and verbal communication
- Analytical skills
- Safety consciousness
Application Closing Date
24th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online