United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Control Officer
- To ensure the business office operations are in line with the Bank’s internal policies, and regulatory policies.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist business offices with compliance and regulatory issues, and provide counseling when required.
- Improve control and awareness culture in the business offices.
- Ensure that the ambience of the business office is maintained and kept customer friendly at all times.
- Monitor and ensure that open items in the GL accounts are current and reflect the true nature of the products recorded in them.
- Ensure integrity of transactions in Business offices, and report deviations/anomalies immediately.
- Identify control lapses/policy breaches through control activities for process improvement/policy amendments.
- Escalate cases of fraud, customer complaints, and staff disciplinary issues to the Area control manager, or responsible department.
- Our ideal candidate must have a minimum of 2 years experience in banking operations, or in a control related role.
- Good knowledge of Accounting and Auditing.
- Basic Financial knowledge.
- Knowledge of the banking sector, trends, and policies of financial regulators in Nigeria – CBN, NDIC.
- Knowledge of the UBA’s banking policies, processes,.
- Supervisory, and Investigation skills.
- Attention to details.
- High level of integrity and Confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain high level of awareness at all times.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Problem solver.
Application Closing Date
5th November, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online