|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
NewGlobe supports visionary governments to transform public education systems, the cornerstone of a prosperous, equitable, and peaceful society. With a comprehensive system transformation platform and data-driven educational services, NewGlobe delivers rapid and dramatic improvements in learning outcomes at state and nationwide scale. Through building impactful partnerships and programmes, NewGlobe ensures that all children have access to an education that will develop their full potential and create a foundation for growth and prosperity.
NewGlobe leverages more than a decade of educational experience and proven impact in integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement – all grounded in learning science – to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning, and all children have the opportunity to develop to their full potential. Every day, NewGlobe supports governments to solve what were once seen as intractable problems, and by doing so, ensures this generation will be able to grow up to lead more fulfilled lives, while simultaneously building economic prosperity for themselves, their communities, and the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Regional Director, Leadership & Development
Leadership & Development
- In joining the Leadership & Development team you are joining the group charged with ensuring that our frontline staff are exceptional leaders who are energized and empowered to ensure the kids in their communities and classrooms receive an excellent education.
- The team is laser-focused on outcomes, inherently collaborative in nature, loves fostering leadership in others, is unwaveringly committed to ensuring a quality education for our pupils, is committed to lifelong learning, and gets excited about creating incredible learning interventions that drive positive behaviour and mindset change in adults.
- You will flourish on this team if you are: a team player, hyper-focused on results, flexible in a dynamic environment, and have fun while working hard.
About the Role
- The Regional Director will provide support and oversight to the Leadership and Development teams across our programmes in Nigeria.
- This role is responsible for effective coordination with the Nigeria L&D teams ensuring that they have consistent and timely support from Shared Services L&D.
- This role reports to the L&D Director, Shared Services.
What You Will Do
- Manage a team of L&D Managers and officers across Nigeria and support them to be excellent at training implementation, and teacher & school leader development.
- Serve as the voice of Nigeria L&D in leadership meetings and presentations to or meetings with external stakeholders, including government partners
- Be a thought leader on L&D programs to ensure innovative and successful development for Regional Managers, Supervisors, school leaders and teachers
- Collaborate with Academics, Schools, and other functional areas of Bridge to ensure training content for each is accurate, compelling, and effective, as well as tailored to the particular territory where needed
- Guide and train the team of Nigeria L&D Managers and Officers in leading professional development for staff
- Support the design and execution of pilot projects that seek to answer questions on ongoing professional training and coaching effectiveness
- Travel as needed to support execution of L&D projects and overseeing trainings.
- Write and present research-based proposals to continuously improve the quality of training and professional development.
What You Should Have
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Education or related fields.
- Extensive years of experience in school education supporting teacher, school leader, or staff development.
- Project management experience in international education and/or education-related measurement and evaluation experience.
- Experience in leading and managing teams both in-person and remotely.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience navigating governments or bureaucracy to most effectively distill or communicate key information and implement programmes based on this.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Google Suite.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind – You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas. You have an existing network from prior experience in the country, preferably in the regulatory, education, or business sectors.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, NewGlobe works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate –The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner –You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online