|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
NewGlobe supports visionary governments to transform public education systems, the cornerstone of a prosperous, equitable, and peaceful society. With a comprehensive system transformation platform and data-driven educational services, NewGlobe delivers rapid and dramatic improvements in learning outcomes at state and nationwide scale. Through building impactful partnerships and programmes, NewGlobe ensures that all children have access to an education that will develop their full potential and create a foundation for growth and prosperity.
NewGlobe leverages more than a decade of educational experience and proven impact in integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement – all grounded in learning science – to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning, and all children have the opportunity to develop to their full potential. Every day, NewGlobe supports governments to solve what were once seen as intractable problems, and by doing so, ensures this generation will be able to grow up to lead more fulfilled lives, while simultaneously building economic prosperity for themselves, their communities, and the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Regional Director, Measurement & Evaluation
Measurement & Evaluation
- The Measurement & Evaluation team for NewGlobe collaborates across departments to help leaders assess the quality of teaching and learning. We work to answer the core questions of “How well are we doing?” and “Are we getting better?”. We blend quantitative analyses with qualitative field work to measure what matters most, provide feedback to NewGlobe school leaders and managers, assess our impact on student learning, and communicate the results to various internal and external audiences.
- At the heart of our work is comparative analysis. We compare student learning at NewGlobe across time and place. In all of our locations, we examine how much faster NewGlobe students learn than their peers in similar schools. We examine how student performance today compares to student performance yesterday. We examine sub-groups of students to advance equity. We examine variability across our schools to determine which characteristics matter most to student learning. We help NewGlobe managers assess the impact of the changes they have made to accelerate learning.
- We take pride in providing rigorous measurement, study design, and analysis. We also take pride in our ability to communicate clearly in words, tables, and data visualizations. We intend our work to make a difference in how NewGlobe managers and our government partners think and act. We judge our own work accordingly.
About the Role
- We are seeking a full-time M&E Director to lead this team, someone eager to share their expertise and build upon a tradition of evaluation excellence at NewGlobe.
- The M&E Regional Director will lead a team of analysts who conduct studies on multiple aspects of NewGlobe’s operational and instructional performance. The data and analysis function at NewGlobe is expanding rapidly as we serve students in more schools and countries. The M&E Regional Director will report jointly to the Managing Directors and NewGlobe’s Chief Impact Officer.
- The M&E Regional Director’s primary responsibility is to co-design, conduct, and deliver an annual evaluation report. This report will estimate the impact of the NewGlobe program on teaching and learning.
- The M&E Regional Director’s responsibilities also include supporting the growth of our analysts as they work to develop and refine data collection tools, protocols, and visualizations. We view data and analytics as core to our ability to learn as an organization. In our effort to impact teaching and learning, we need to deliver high quality data to all NewGlobe decision makers. The M&E Regional Director will support all aspects of the analysts work, from technical review to project management to professional development to stakeholder concerns. In short, the director builds capacity among M&E staff, and in so doing, equips them to support NewGlobe’s improvement.
- The M&E Regional Director must also be able to effectively work with people from diverse backgrounds, display significant emotional intelligence, and create a sense of calm in an often fast-moving environment.
What You Will Do
- Direct the Execution of Research Studies. The M&E Regional Director will work closely with the M&E team and the M&E Vice President to design and execute research studies. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, ensuring reliable data collection, preparing and analyzing the data files, data visualization, writing and other modes of communications to disseminate the findings.
- Direct M&E Analyst Personnel. The M&E Regional Director will direct and coordinate M&E analyst personnel, instructing them on reporting priorities and providing oversight during report production. The M&E Regional Director will support team members to ensure that they are correctly utilizing proper research methods and statistical models.
- Develop plans and manage projects. This includes developing a work breakdown structure, creating a timeline, liaising with other departments to get the support you need, managing and motivating short-term staff members, figuring out how to get things done when things don’t go as planned, getting the data you need and getting it right, conducting analyses, framing the results, and answering any and all questions about your work.
- Establish Data Reporting Protocols. The M&E Regional Director is responsible to establish and enact data reporting protocols to ensure timely communications to relevant NewGlobe Managers. The M&E Director will monitor current reporting targets and deliverables to ensure timely reporting.
- Maintain Close Relationships with Quality Assurance Director and other key data owners across NewGlobe. The M&E Regional Director will work closely with the QA Director to access and report quality assurance data.
- Accommodate requests for quick analyses. Time-sensitive questions may come from NewGlobe’s VPs and C-Level Executives, and usually take anywhere from a few hours to a few days. Oftentimes, you will need to direct your staff to use their best judgment in the face of imperfect data.
- Identify Opportunities to Enhance Effectiveness and Efficiency. The M&E Regional Director supports NewGlobe’s ability to deliver a world class education by helping NewGlobe managers use information for improvement. With limited resources, it is essential that the M&E Director prioritize high potential research and build efficiencies that strengthen the research.
What You Should Have
- An advanced Degree in a relevant academic discipline, such as Economics, Policy, or Statistics.
- Strong experience using quantitative methods – At least 5 years of experience using quantitative methods in an academic or applied setting, such as being an analyst, research assistant, data manager, or consultant.
- Analytical skills – A high level of proficiency with Excel Stata, SAS, or R. Python or Power BI is a plus. You’ve done a fair share of data cleaning, manipulation, and analysis. A recognition that when it comes to data, 70% is data prep and 30% is design, analytics, and visualization.
- Team management experience – to direct, mentor, and oversee members of the M&E team, you should possess effective leadership, coordination, and motivation skills
- Organization skills – to successfully direct and oversee all quality assurance procedures and coordinate production processes you should have strong organization skills
- Communication skills – to provide reports to production managers and business leaders to influence decision-making you will need effective verbal and written communication skills
- Technical skills – to develop, refine, and troubleshoot data collection and reporting tools.
- Passion – for Bridge’s mission.
- Bonus – experience in extreme growth situations and dealing with ambiguity and complexity; worked/studied in a developing country, worked in a no-excuses charter school in high-poverty areas in the U.S., and/or experience implementing data collection projects, particularly for impact evaluations.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind – You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas. You have an existing network from prior experience in the country, preferably in the regulatory, education, or business sectors.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, NewGlobe works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate -The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online