|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
NewGlobe supports visionary governments to transform public education systems, the cornerstone of a prosperous, equitable, and peaceful society. With a comprehensive system transformation platform and data-driven educational services, NewGlobe delivers rapid and dramatic improvements in learning outcomes at state and nationwide scale. Through building impactful partnerships and programmes, NewGlobe ensures that all children have access to an education that will develop their full potential and create a foundation for growth and prosperity.
NewGlobe leverages more than a decade of educational experience and proven impact in integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement – all grounded in learning science – to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning, and all children have the opportunity to develop to their full potential. Every day, NewGlobe supports governments to solve what were once seen as intractable problems, and by doing so, ensures this generation will be able to grow up to lead more fulfilled lives, while simultaneously building economic prosperity for themselves, their communities, and the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Regional Director, People
- Our people are at the core of what we do, and supporting a diverse workforce that spans many industries, and many cultures, while at the same time keeping everyone aligned to our mission and mandate takes focus and determination. We work at massive scale.
- We are responsible for ensuring we support each team member to succeed, aligned to business goals and constraints. We are responsible for our human capital, administration of all offices and support functions, and employee engagement.
- We are data-driven, and leverage technology to make both informed and effience decisions and work processes. We are the champions of our culture. We value continuous learning and extensive collaboration, and have strong focus on performance. We are evidence-based, outcomes driven and lead through service.
- People Operations manages each employee’s life cycle with us, with a focus on contracting, benefits, compensation, payroll, and data-driven performance management. We are the first point of contact on most issues for our team members, ensuring our policies support and encourage a strong and effective team.
- Working across hundreds to thousands of employees, we work at scale, with large amounts of data, leveraging technology to improve employee systems and support.
About the Role
- The Regional Director, People will lead the design, implementation, and evaluation of talent management and development programs across the Region resulting in an amazing employee experience that drives employee engagement and business results. This is a high-impact role for someone who loves challenges.
- The ideal candidate is an accomplished and collaborative leader and should have a strong track record managing organisations and people in very fast-paced environments. You are energetic, tireless, relentless, and you are comfortable dealing with people of diverse backgrounds.
- This role will ensure that Nigeria Region People goals, policies, procedures, and programs support NewGlobe’s mission and culture. The Regional Director, People will develop and implement policies and programs in coordination with the various Program People leads and with the support of the MD, Nigeria and Vice President, People. With the goal of sustaining an engaged workforce, the Regional Director, People will oversee and provide best practice guidance and consistency across all HR functional areas.
- Based in Lagos, the Regional Director, People leads a service-oriented group of People Leads and their teams across multiple programmes in Nigeria.
What You Will Do
- Lead a high performing team of People Operations and Administration staff in the Region focused on the various functional areas of HR and Administration;
- Partnering with the VP People, Group MD, Senior management team and employees of the Region to design and implement people strategies as well as employee and leadership development programs for the organization;
- Develop and facilitate the implementation of the People strategy and priorities in alignment with the corporate strategic People plan;
- Drive business success through organizational and people development strategies & programs;
- In partnership with the Programme People Leads and support of VP, People, develop and maintain a world-class employee experience through the full employee life cycle;
- Ensure all People policies and procedures comply with the legal regulations and best practices.
What You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or other related field with top academic marks; MBA/grad degree a plus
- Relevant HR Professional Certification an added advantage
- Minimum of ten years of significant leadership experiences and proven experience in a senior HR role.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business strategies into critical talent & workforce strategies/initiatives
- Ability to lead & drive organizational change initiatives from assessment through implementation
- Excellence at project management, particularly with respect to organization, prioritization, and time management and ability to manage and participate in multiple projects at once
- Strong strategic and analytical thinker, with ability to use metrics and analytics.
- Ability to innovate and challenge current norms to drive change in the organization
- Knowledge of local labour laws and global best practices.
- Self-starter; highly driven individual that will take ownership from the get-go and proactively look for improvement
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to work with a very diverse workforce
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind – You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas. You have an existing network from prior experience in the country, preferably in the regulatory, education, or business sectors.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, NewGlobe works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online