|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Higher Education Insights Manager, SSA
Locations: Abuja, Damaturu – Yobe and Lagos
Department: Cultural Engagement
Contract Type: Two years
Pay band: 8
- The post holder will develop and deliver the HE Insights Hubs in SSA.
- Delivering corporate and regional outcomes and ensuring that benefit is achieved overseas and for the UK.
- Provides sector expertise at country/regional level.
- Manages senior partner and stakeholder relationships.
- He/she will lead the production and editorial management of British Council’s research portfolio in education.
- This role will have focus on conducting, commissioning and analysing quantitative and qualitative education research, ensuring that the output is highly relevant and of practical value to the international higher education customer audience and producing high quality products to reflect a rapidly developing marketplace.
The appointed candidate will have the following accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
- Lead the commissioning and production of high quality and scientifically robust research and report efficiently and within tight deadlines
- Gather and analyse quantitative and qualitative data using industry standard software and technology, with high proficiency
- Set and maintain global quality standards
- Leads an inclusive organisational culture where staff have opportunities for continuous professional development and are actively contributing to the British Council’s anti-racism action plan and EDI strategy to mainstream EDI and become anti-racist in our cultures and practices within our organisation and in our programmes, particularly through a time of change.
- Leads on planning process for designated portfolio within region according to global sector strategy and programming
- Contributes to pillar/region business strategy
- Strategic leadership of design, development, delivery and closure of projects and or programmes as needed
- Builds and maintains business critical relationships with key clients and partners and with leading partners in the sector with a view to identifying new business opportunities and partnerships for the British Council
- Builds and maintains the government and institutional relationships that the UK needs to succeed in region/country
- Uses sector expertise to provide insight and content for corporate responses to public consultations, representing British Council’s perspective and demonstrating our thought-leadership in relevant external fora
- Provides up-to-date and well-informed senior-level briefings on current and emerging matters in area of expertise, conducting detailed analysis and research, contributing cutting-edge sector knowledge and content to proposals, potentially contributing to the body of literature in their area of expertise
- Promotes and positions the UK education sector in country/region
- Ensures British Council’s value proposition and support to the UK sector is clear, agreed and communicated.
- Lead on business and partnership development strategy for the portfolio, aligning with regional and corporate priorities, systems and processes
- Contribute to the development of strategic responses to partner/ client needs as efficiently and effectively as possible, including developing and promoting new ideas for services
- As with any business that experiences peaks and troughs of activity, there is likely to be a need to work outside office hours from time to time.
Role Specific Knowledge and Experience
The successful candidate will need to possess the following requirements:
- Degree in Economics, Statistics or a Social Sciences / Business -related field, or equivalent
- Quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Demonstrable experience in data collection, analysis and insightful research report –writing
- Project management experience
- Extensive knowledge of UK and international policy in the sector, reform and policy and approaches to internationalisation
- Previous experience of building effective networks across organisations
- Able to lead digital events on basic platforms (Microsoft Teams) ensuring all corporate standards are met, including those for accessibility and safeguarding
- Ability to analyse relevant equality issues
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2022 by 23:59 Nigeria Time.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online