Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
The PUI Nigerian Mission has been officially opened in April 2016, with a focus on meeting urgent needs, including improving access to food commodities, primary health care and nutrition for Internally Displaced People (IDP) and host communities (HC) living in Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC).
The progressive sectorial widening allowed PUI to start implementing an integrated approach from 2017 in food security, livelihoods, nutrition and health sectors, with the support of ECHO, FFP, OFDA and CIAA/CDC, in line with PUI’s global strategy. From the launch of the health care services in February 2017 to the end of April 2018, a total of 119,913 OPD consultations were reached in Bolori II, while more than 60.000 beneficiaries have been reached by our cash project.
In mid-2018, PUI has developed its comprehensive response by adding Protection and Community Outreach (PCO) activities to the existing programs in Bolori II. In the month of October 2018 only, more than 3.500 households have received door to door visit from the PCO team. In 2018, PUI has also scaled up its intervention with the opening of Monguno LGA base, with the main objectives of reducing morbidity and mortality of the most vulnerable population and promoting protection amongst the whole affected community. This opening in Monguno allowed PUI to reach the vulnerable population in Kukawa and Cross Kauwa LGA.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Monguno, Borno
Start Date: ASAP
Number of Position:04
Contract Duration: 6 months (with possible extension)
Open to: Nigeria Nationals Only (Male / Female)
- Under the direct supervision of the Health Supervisor, as well as under supervision of Midwives, the Registrar prepares patients for his/her consultation and registers the patients according to PUI protocols
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Be the first contact for patients attending the PHCC and provide patients with information they required
- Inform patients about the PHC / Health clinic function and process
- Ensure the availability of a comfortable waiting area for patients and their relatives
- Record accurately and on a readable manner, the clinical case management (history taking, physical examination, treatment, investigation, etc.) on the patient registration book.
- Manage the situation in the waiting area and ensure a good patient flow
- Bring any patient with an obviously serious medical problem to the attention of the Nurse or Midwife
- Request timely for new registration books, health cards or forms
- Maintain cleanliness of environment, equipment and materials
Communication and Reporting:
- Report to the supervisor any problem especially the gap/loss/robbery/damage of medical equipment or medicines or any patient and organizational issue
- Participate to any training in order to improve the quality and efficiency of the work
- Participate actively in meetings when required
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Priorities of the Department
- Reinforcement of the supply management and ensuring the continuity of the quality control.
- Verification of coordination purchase files in order to be ready for audits.
- Participation in the capacity building of the procurement assistant in coordination, Focusing on the new procurement guidelines dissemination.
- Secondary School Education. Work experience with other NGO’s would be an asset.
- Sufficient experience in registration or work in a Health Organisation / Health Facility is desirable
- Language skills: Fluent In English and Hausa, Kanuri is an asset
- Stress management
- Good communication
- Team spirit
Application Closing Date
5th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online