The Imo State College of Education (Technical) is a state government higher education institution located in Ihitte / Uboma, Imo State, Nigeria.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Ihitte / Uboma, Imo
- The Registrar, who is a Principal Officer of the College, is responsible to the Provost for the day-to-day administration of the College.
- He/she is the Secretary to the Govering Council, the Academic Board and other Statutory Committees.
- He/she is the custodian of records and issuance of Certificates, interpreting and applying rules and regulations of the College.
- He/she shall also perform such other duties as the Council and the Provost may, from time to time, direct.
Qualifications and Experience
- The candidate must hold a good honours Degree (minimum of Second Class Lower Division) or equivalent from a recognized Institution of higher learning, plus at least fifteen (15) years post-qualification cognate experience in tertiary Institution or a Master’s Degree from a recognized institution of higher learning plus at least Ten (10) years cognate experience in tertiary Institution or Doctorate Degree plus at least six (6) years cognate experience in tertiary Institution.
- He/she must have served as a Deputy Registrar for not less than five (5) years in an Institution of higher learning.
- He/she must be a Member of relevant professional body/bodies e.g. NIM, CIPMN, CAI, etc
- The candidate must not be more than 55 years of age as at the time of assumption of duty He/she must be a person of good conduct and character and possess sense of discipline, dedication and knowledgeable in the Rules and Regulations of the College system.
- He/she must also be vast in Public Service Rules, Financial Regulations and must be computer literate.
Terms of Appoitment
- The appointment is for a tenure of four (4) years in the first instance/otherwise but the candidate may be eligible for re-appointment for a second term and final term of four (4) years based on satisfactory performance.
- The salary/remunerations are as contained in the Conditions of Service for Principal Officers of the Colleges of Education in Nigeria and as may be determined by Government policies from time to time.
Application Closing Date
14th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should attach to their Applications, fifteen (15) copies of their up-to-date Curriculum Vitae which must include the following:
- Full names, surname underlined
- Marital status and number of children, including the age of each
- Date and place of birth, Local Government Area and State of Origin (attach birth certificate)
- Current postal address and Permanent home address
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Academic and professional qualification and distinctions with dates
- Membership of Professional Association/Bodies
- Work experience in chronological sequence
- Present Employer-status and salary
- Extra-curricular activities
- Publications in standard APA format
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be the present
- Signature and Date
- Post Applied for and (15) Services to Local and International bodies.
Applications with photocopies of credentials and other supporting documents should be addressed and forwarded to:
The Ag. Registrar,
Imo State College of Education,
P. O. Box 1690, Owerri,
Imo State, Nigeria.
Note: Candidates are required to request their referees to send confidential reports on them to the same address as above before the closing date.