54gene was founded in 2019 by Dr. Abasi Ene-Obong to address the significant gap in the global genomics market; Nearly 90% of genetic material used in pharmaceutical research is Caucasian. Only 2% is African, despite the fact that Africans and people of African ancestry are more genetically diverse than all other world populations combined.
We are recruiting highly-motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join our team in the position below:
Job Title: Research Clinical Associate
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Department: Medical Affairs
Reports to: Clinical Lead
- Provide optimal clinical support to the research team in all relevant areas
- Conceptualize and write research protocols including but not limited the development of clinical work plans
- Review and analyze clinical data to support hypothesis and draw accurate conclusions
- Write medical articles with accuracy and proficiency
- Provide support to the Data Quality control team as needed
- Liaise with internal and external physicians to support on research projects
- Conduct feasibility studies to ascertain the desired outcomes for proposed studies
- Fulfil role as project manager as the need arises
- Supporting role for clinical tasks that may arise in laboratory or company-wide.
- MBBS (At least 3 years post medical school)
- MBA, MPH, PhD, or other relevant Postgraduate degree is a plus
- 3+ years of multidisciplinary experience in areas such as management consulting, pharmaceutical, diagnostics, or other related industry
- Project management experience and certification e.g. Project Management Professional (PMP), PRINCE2, is a plus.
- Candidates must be willing to join a fast-paced environment, be willing to learn quickly, adapt to new environments and must have a keen interest in research related activities.
- Candidates should have a strong clinical background and work well in cross functional teams.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Computer literacy and proficiency in the use of Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) or equivalent
- Research experience desired
- Ability to adapt to new tasks quickly
- Detail oriented
- Ability to successfully collaborate cross-functionally with others of different skill sets, backgrounds and levels within and external to the organization.
- Strong clinical background
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills: Proven ability to communicate a message in an articulate & professional manner.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- 54gene celebrates diversity and is proud to be an inclusive employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, marital status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a mental or physical disability, or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristics.