Concept Nova is a subsidiary of the Concept Group and is Africa’s fastest-growing technology solutions company, specialising in Business Intelligence, Asset Management and Remote Monitoring solutions.
Concept Nova delivers technology-driven solutions that increase transparency, efficiency, cost savings and revenue generation. Serving over 200 clients across diverse industries, we are changing the face of technology development by delivering premium services at competitive prices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research & Development Technical Support Officer
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Technical Support officer is expected to carry out pre-deployment operations (Quality Assurance / Control tests et al) for all hardware-based products, provide hardware and platform support for new and existing products, carry out troubleshooting of all issues related to the hardware and advanced platform.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as first level of escalation for all hardware and platform-related issues.
- Carry out configuration of all outgoing hardware in preparation for deployment/installation
- Carry out pre-deployment testing of all hardware to ensure quality control standards are met.
- Provide solutions to technical issues with existing products, integration of client-specific requirements and expansion of functionalities via new settings and configurations.
- Ensure all devices deployed to client meet firmware update requirements
- Prepare test reports and documentation of problems solved
- Field service activities including preliminary / feasibility inspections and deployment / integration / execution.
- Evaluation, testing and experimentation of potential product samples and subsequent bulk procurement.
- Provide necessary support to Implementation, Recovery and Control units.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- 2 – 5 years work experience
- Relevant knowledge of embedded systems and electronic circuits
- Experience with a microcontroller or PLC systems
- Ability to carry out data analysis
- Solid troubleshooting skills and the ability to diagnose and solve difficult problems
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to develop a deep understanding of the business and end-user needs
- Ability to resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways
- Ability to interpret wiring diagrams
- Ability to work independently and pro-actively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of Remote Terminal Units
- Knowledge of Electrical / Electronic Circuits
- Knowledge of Electronic Sensors
- Knowledge of Electronic / Electrical systems
- Knowledge of Microcontroller and Microprocessor-based designs.
Skills / Competencies:
- Sensor technology
- Python, C or C++
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Problem Solving
- Hardware configuration and diagnosis.
Application Closing Date
23rd July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online