|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Manager – Climate Resilience
Requisition ID: req20381
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Sector: Economic Recovery & Livelihood
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Category: Regular
Open to Expatriates: No
Job Overview / Summary
- The Research Manager who will lead the research component for a climate resilience project focused on food and economic security of agricultural households in Northeast Nigeria.
- The research manager will be responsible for scoping and developing contextually and programmatically relevant research ideas.
- S/he will implement viable research ideas and oversee day-to-day research activities.
- S/he will work closely with and coordinate research activities with colleagues from IRC Nigeria, IRC HQ (New York), and external partners.
Scoping / vetting of project ideas (30%):
- Identify and cultivate relationships with potential local and under-resourced partners (including but not limited to community networks, community-supported organizations (CSOs), private sector actors, research and advocacy organizations, national NGOs, etc.)
- Vet ideas with local program staff and stakeholders
- Support development of content for livelihood data research and innovation related business development, including developing concept notes and identifying local partnership models and funding opportunities.
Project management (50%):
- Oversee at least one key research project, in collaboration with program colleagues from the Nigeria CP and HQ and external partners.
- Support day-to-day research activities and coordinate with relevant teams to ensure smooth execution of research ideas
- Dedicate time to increase their skills on basic research and user-centered design, with support from HQ staff.
Uptake / stakeholder engagement (10%):
- Support the development and execution of a research/innovation uptake plan for each relevant project.
Staff oversight (10%):
- Provide secondary (if not direct) oversight of data collection team and creating a community of practice around Climate Resilience research and innovation out of the Mubi office.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Climate Resilience Lead
- Indirect Reporting: Research Lead at IRC HQ and M&E Coordinator
- Position directly supervises:
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: ERD, Grants, M&E teams etc.
- External: Other partners (NGOs), CGIAR, NIMET, Ministry of Agriculture etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture Economics, Food Security and Livelihoods, Climate Studies, Statistics, Research Methodology / Quantitative field, or related field
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience supporting research projects, preferably in livelihoods or food security and in a project management role
- Experience or familiarity with participatory research methods is an advantage
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Project management experience for research
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot data quality and research implementation issues
- Knowledge of research ethics such as informed consent and data protection
- Experience managing multi-level stakeholder engagement (facility, community, government, etc.)
- Existing relationships with local CSOs / stakeholders in Adamawa are an advantage
- Fluency in English language both written and spoken is required
Computer / Other Technical Requirements:
- Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of ArcGIS, SPSS, Stata, or other data analysis software is an advantage.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Working Environment: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.