Alan & Grant – Our work is focused on creating innovative HR and Organizational Development Solutions aimed at Performance Improvement & Business Growth. We currently serve clients across various sectors of the Economy from locations in Jos, Port Harcourt and Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Risk Manager
Industry: Financial Services
- The Risk Manager will play a critical role in establishing the framework for evaluating and monitoring the Enterprise Risk management techniques in Alpha Morgan.
- Key deliverables include providing a holistic view of the key risks that affect the businesses and identify business opportunities.
- Collaborating with all departments to identify, assess and implement robust risk mitigation strategies.
- Support in streamlining various business processes and establish more effective internal controls to drive profit maximization and reduction of costs
- Facilitate the standardization and uniformity of the business processes.
- Promote a risk-aware culture.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement an overall risk management process for the organization, which includes an analysis of the financial and non-financial impact on the company if a risk crystalizes.
- Identify potential regulatory and non-regulatory risks through thorough and ongoing risk assessments with relevant internal stakeholders
- Liaise with the business to identify Company/team specific risks to maintain & update the Business Risk Assessment.
- Evaluate identified risks against a variety of information & factors (e.g. documents /statistics /reports /trends) to provide commentary and recommendations about how to mitigate these risks;
- Drive service levels from the Risk & Compliance function to ensure that the operational risk needs of the business are serviced appropriately, through maintenance/reporting and controls of key areas;
- Establish a comprehensive enterprise risk management framework across all jurisdictions.
- Identify and manage the Company’s operational risk priorities
- Ensure the risk priorities are effectively addressed through a regular testing program of the standard policies, procedures, systems, and controls.
- Initiate action to address any gaps or deficiencies identified during the remediation process
- Provide insightful, quality reporting to internal Boards, Committees, and other key stakeholders to support risk processes.
- Manage the completion of the Annual Risk & Compliance Staff Declaration
- Contribute to Risk Committee meetings on current risk issues and developments.
- Maintain an open and productive relationship with the Company’s insurers
- Overseeing and testing the Group Business Continuity Plan.
- Develop, monitor, and maintain a Group Risk register for the Board
- Update the Board on recent developments around global risk management practices
- Conducting policy, process, and compliance reviews, which may include liaising with internal/external auditors
- Evaluate employees’ risk awareness and provide support and training within the company where necessary.
- Draft the Risk management plan, risk training strategy, and the continuous awareness program.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Law, Social sciences, an IT course or a related field.
- A relevant Risk Management qualification (E.g., Professional Risk Manager – PRM) is an advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years of Risk Management experience in a managerial/supervisory position.
- Experience with auditing and reporting procedures.
- Sound knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) Integrated Framework, Fraud and Anti-money laundering Frameworks.
- Strong experience in the analysis of business metrics and the formulation of Key Risk and Performance Indicators.
- Technically strong with good IT ability.
- Excellent relationship management skills – proven experience of building internal & external relationships, through strong interpersonal and team working skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online