Grand Cereals Limited (GCL), a subsidiary of UAC of Nigeria Plc, is an integrated foods company whose primary activity is the creation of superior value from local raw materials to produce and deliver superior quality brands in the animal feed, edible oils, breakfast cereals, pet food and other intermediate and consumer cereals products to Nigeria and West Africa markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Roller Operator
Location: Jos, Plateau
Function: Supply Chain
Job Class: JC 11
Reports To: Shift Supervisor – Cereal Plant
Purpose of Job
- Ensure optimal running of plant machineries (Rollermills, De-germinators, Plansifters etc.) by controlling their performance through adequate adjustment of throughput, product granulation, break release, mill balancing etc. towards attaining desired product specification.
- Ensure milled products meet the desired specification.
- Ensure the correct sieves are set in the Plansifters to deliver the product specification
- Adjust roller mills for gradual reduction to achieve desired break release.
- Ensure grinding rolls are always set to run parallel
- Monitor break release to ensure in-process material distribution is balanced.
- Ensure efficient operation of plant and equipment.
- Perform routine operation maintenance of packing equipment (Plansifters, Jet filters, Purifiers, Roller mills).
- Report any identified anomaly to the Shift Supervisor.
- Support technical maintenance.
- Maintain quality assurance to ensure product quality and consistency.
- Ensure weight verification of packed products is done hourly and records kept.
- Set Roller mills, Purifier and Plansifter sieves to deliver the specification.
- Ensure correct handling of products at various stages of manufacturing.
- Always ensure good housekeeping of plant.
- Perform routine cleaning and sanitation of plant and equipment.
Health, Safety and Welfare:
- Ensures health, safety and welfare of employees are assured so that organizational objectives can be optimally met.
- Participate in safety and 5S audits and follow through on closeout of action points.
- Ensure working conditions are safe for operations.
- Report unsafe conditions, near miss and unsafe acts and encourage others to do same using the Safety Observation Cards and inform the Supervisor.
- Ensure that departmental organization has the continuous availability of sufficient motivated and well-trained personnel.
- Train and guide new employees and OSPs in your team on the job.
- Challenge team members to perform at their peak.
- Maintain internal communication.
- Ensure that breakdowns are promptly arrested to promote the achievement of targets.
- Ensure that production line efficiencies are maintained.
- Ensure set targets of Key Performance Indicators are met (Overall Equipment Effectiveness, Volume, etc.).
Education and Experience
- Minimum of OND in Engineering or Sciences.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude:
- Teamwork/Team Player
- Good written and verbal communication
- Attention to detail; quality consciousness
- Safety consciousness
Application Closing Date
24th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online