Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited, as leading international player in marine services, offers to the most demanding oil & gas clients worldwide a full line of innovative, safe, high performance and new generation vessels and an expanded offer of offshore oil & gas services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Second Mate – DPO FSIV Water Jet Experience (M / F)
Contract type: Contracted
Type of vessel: Other
Rotation (in average): 90 days on/off
Roles and responsibilities
- Second Mate is third in command of the vessel and a watch keeping officer.
- Their responsibility lies in the safe and efficient voyage and navigation of the vessel.
- In some cases the Second Officer acts as the Safety Officer ensuring the compliance of the vessel operations with regards to international regulations and company requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and provide necessary written instructions from and to the other Deck Officer
- Is Conversant with the vessel maneuvering and bridge equipment + the vessel DP system including its functions, the manuals and procedures.
- Aware of the DP Plan Maintenance
- Communicate and report to the Master any deficiency, incident or event that may potentially impact the vessel operations (including DP operations)
- Participate in emergency and DP emergency response trainings.
- Committed to Safety and Company Procedures in all task
- Above mentioned list of duties is not exhaustive and tasks on board vessels assigned to this position are not limited to above list.
Areas of Operations:
- West Africa (Angola, Nigeria, Gabon, Cameroon, Congo, Ivory Coast,…)
- Persian Gulf (Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE)
Qualifications, Skills and Experiences
Our minimum certificate requirements:
- OOW license unlimited (STCW A-II/1)
- DPO unlimited certificate
Our minimum experience requirements:
- FSIV experience
- Water jet experience
Minimum level of education required:
- 6 – Other
Minimum level of experience required:
- 1-2 years
Licenses (seafearers only):
- A-IV/2_GMDSS radio personnel
- Deck Officer of the Watch Unlimited (A-II/1)
- English (Maritime English).
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online