Oracle provides the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers including 100 of the Fortune 100 representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Account Cloud Engineer (ACE)
Job ID.: 2200000Q
Job: Pre Sales
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
- Mission of Technology Cloud Engineering group is to enable customers to realize the significant value of Oracle Cloud by providing an industry leading experience through the provision of lifecycle technical expertise.
- To simplify and enhance our customer experience by evolving the technical cloud ecosystem and framework enabling our teams to maximize their technical and commercial capabilities and deliver value for our customers and Oracle.
- Account Cloud Engineer (ACE) is customer aligned role responsible for the full adoption lifecycle from project concept to usage and expansion within the customer.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Partners with customers, sales, engineering and product teams to design, demonstrate and deploy Oracle Cloud architectures that address customer business problems.
- Drives Oracle Cloud customer consumption by accelerating the adoption of Oracle cloud services including discovery, design and deployment.
- Engages with strategic customers, builds leadership relationships at multiple levels within organizations in order to design and implement solutions.
- Works directly with customers to gather requirements, develop architectures and translates business needs into solutions.
- May implement solutions and ensure successful deployments through code development and scripting. Displays product/application understanding through highly customized presentation demonstrations to customers, and at conferences, and events.
- Supports customer from Proof of Concept (POC) through production deployment of services via resource configuration, planning, and customer education/training.
- Creates and distributes technical assets (white papers, solution code, blog posts, and video demonstrations).
- Serves as a leading contributor for customers and sales on technical cloud solutions and customer success.
- Identifies gaps and enhancements to influence engineering roadmaps for customer driven features.
- Leading contributor, may provide direction and mentoring to others.
- Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization.
- May interact with C level.
- Maintains expertise by staying current on emerging technologies.
Role and Responsibilities
- ACE will orchestrate all activity in the account and is always in the leading position.
- Actively involved in the Oracle account team in defining and driving the consumption growth strategy.
- Is accountable for the successful experience of customer(s) in their territory.
- Understands customers overall portfolio, IT and business priorities and establishes a solution that addresses customer needs.
- Is a Trusted Advisor to customers.
- Informs customers/prospects on Oracle emerging technologies and how they will create value and competitive differentiation
- Presents Oracle’s technology demonstrating deep familiarity with infrastructure, security and integration capabilities.
- Is the internal point of contact for updates on customer consumption progress, renewal likelihood, etc.
- Acts as customer SPOC for cloud engineering related aspects
- Leads activities and assembles virtual cloud engineering teams to help position the value of Oracle’s Cloud and to set and continually meet customer expectations.
- Brings together and leads Specialist Cloud Engineers to support solution building, preparation and presentation of customer driven demos and PoCs to diverse audiences, representing the capabilities of the Oracle Cloud Platform.
- Responsible for bringing in workload architects support to ensure design and positioning of holistic solutions to the satisfaction of customer stakeholders.
- Takes ownership for utilizing the right resources to manage and coordinate customer escalations and resolutions efforts xLOB, and with external stakeholders, to ensure a joined-up approach with the customer in terms of actions and communications
- Takes ownership for coordinating xlob resources to conduct Architecture and Technical Workshops, during Sales and Adoption cycles
- As the customer cloud lifecycle manager the role is also to understand/be aware of ongoing projects through Oracle partners/ACS/OCS.
Minimum qualifications include:
- 8 years experience with computer applications and tools required.
- Ability to travel 50% international and domestic.
- Preferred but not required qualifications include: Bachelor of Science-level university degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering from accredited university; and/or relevant 8 years technical experience.
- Advanced degree in relevant field of studies highly desirable.
- Expertise in and an in depth and thorough knowledge of competitive and industry knowledge in the field of computer applications and tools; System and application design;
- Implementation of advanced product features;
- Project management;
- Solving technical problems with customers in technical environments;
- Written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- Needs analysis, positioning, and business justification.
- 8 years experience and expertise in the clear communication of technical information to others through presentations, demonstrations, written communication and consultative solutioning experience.
Skills and Profile:
- Broad technical experience of Oracle Cloud solutions along with high levels of experience in implementing and accompanying customers in Oracle Cloud adoption including a good understanding of cloud architecture.
- Demonstrates leadership capability including the ability to delegate activities & involve the right teams/skills sets.
- Clearly able to articulate the Cloud offerings in the market and with the ability to discuss architectures
- Fluent in current Oracle Cloud Protfolio and experienced in designing simple through to complex and large-scale cloud projects
- Translates customer needs into solutions enabling the customer to achieve their goals
- Excellent communication and presentation skills for a group with high degree of comfort speaking across all levels of management (eg IT management, Architects, administrators and executives).
- Certified in OCI as the guidelines mandates
- Familiar with 3rd party and Oracle Architecture frameworks (eg TOGAF, ECal)
- High level of commercial business understanding
- Intelligence to identify key trends and insights and leverage them in driving decision making and execution within customer
- Experience in engaging and influencing senior leaders.
- Ability to build relationships to grow business. Act as a partner to our customers, not just a vendor.
- Strong collaboration skills and drive for impact and influence
- Experience of owning customer loyalty, culture and change management
- Experience in conflict resolution and negotiation
- Experience in understanding complex customer ecosystems with the ability to translate customer needs into workable solutions.
- Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process.
- This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).