Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions, education and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi is an allied organization to Family Health International (FHI360) with co-existing and mutually supportive interest in advancing the collective goals of the people and communities served. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Advisor – Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning
Job Category: Fixed Term
- The SA-MEL is responsible for the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities for the Project.
- S/he will work with the State Team Leads to provide oversight over Sub-recipients to ensure that monitoring and evaluation activities are appropriate and meet the Donor and Project’s M&E needs.
- S/He will provide leadership to the assigned State Offices, provide overall guidance on program/project monitoring and evaluation and on USAID and Government of Nigeria reporting requirements.
- Provide oversight and technical support to designated State Offices, including interacting with State Office M&E Leads, Program Managers, Implementing Agencies and Local Research Groups, ensuring that locally employed Monitoring and Evaluation Staff, Consultants and AHNi Partners understand and can support these requirements.
- S/He will manage the M&E reporting cycle to ensure high quality and complete datasets are sent on a periodic basis or when required. Work with Local Partners to develop their Project monitoring and evaluation plans and support the correct implementation and use of routine data collection tools.
- Conduct monthly routine monitoring visits to Project Sites and provide supportive supervision. On a monthly basis, ensure that high quality analyzed facility-level data is disseminated to relevant Staff at Facilities and Decision-Makers. Ensure that data is used to highlight important programmatic gaps and coordinate with facility management and other departments in addressing these gaps.
- Coordinate regular data quality assessments, undertaken in a participatory manner, with Facility Staff and ensure the completeness, consistency, and validity of routine data.
- Provide the strategic guidance, vision, and management for successful monitoring and evaluation of the Project.
Minimum Requirement Standards
- MB.BS / MD / PHD or similar Degree with 3 to 5 years’ relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluationsystem implementation for Global Health Initiatives,
- Or MPH or MS / MA in relevant Degree with 5 to 7 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives
- BS / BA in Statistics, Pharmacy, Microbiology, Monitoring and Evaluation or in relevant Degree with 7 to 9 years relevant experience inproject-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives,
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Application Closing Date
4th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a suitability statement (application) and resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-M&EJobs@ahnigeria.org
- Only applicatins sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview.