New Energy Nexus is an international organization that supports clean energy entrepreneurs with funds, accelerators and networks. We started in California and now operate programs in China, India, Southeast Asia, and East Africa.
Our partner, Clean Technology Hub, is a pioneering hybrid hub for the research, development, demonstration and incubation of clean energy technologies in Africa, and their validation for commercial stage development. It is an early start-up incubator for inventions and innovations in clean energy, a consultancy for sustainability and energy efficiency solutions for organizations, and a driver of clean energy investment into Africa. Clean Technology Hub is focused on addressing Africa’s energy poverty, increasing energy access through clean, renewable energy and sustainability.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Associate, Energy Access
Location: Abuja, (FCT), Nigeria
- We seeking a motivated Energy Associate to contribute to the success and growth of its Energy Access program.
- As a Senior Associate, you will work as part of a dynamic team to contribute to several initiatives, including research, policy formulation, advocacy, and enterprise development for increased energy access and improved climate resilience.
- Work with the Manager, Energy Access in setting the overall strategic direction of the Energy Access department, including identifying and cultivating new areas of work.
- Assist in coordinating and strengthening CTH’s Energy Access Networks and Mini-Grids and Solar Home Systems Partnerships, including recruiting and cultivating strong working relations with (new) strategic associations and, partners.
- Plan and execute market intelligence and knowledge sharing activities, such as webinars, market surveys and case studies.
- Plan and execute a range of recurring communications activities, including newsletters and correspondence with clients, and partners.
- Work with the CTH Communication team to amplify the work of CTH’s Energy Access initiatives through strategic media channels.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact and performance of energy access initiatives.
- Represent the Organization at external meetings and professional gatherings where required. Manage external relations related to the energy access portfolio.
- Work with the Manager, Energy Access in developing strategies and proposals for the overall Energy Access program of the hub
- Plan and execute domestic and international conferences, workshops and networking events.
- Proposal writing, grant applications and grant management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate Degree in a relevant field (e.g. International Affairs, Energy, Political Science or Business) strongly preferred. (A Master’s degree would be an added advantage).
- Must have 3-4 years of professional experience, 3 years of which should be in energy access. Familiarity with energy access issues and stakeholders, particularly those related to renewable distributed power solutions (stand-alone and mini-grid solutions).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including strong drafting ability.
- Strong attention to detail and organization is a must.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Proficiency in languages other than English, will be an added advantage.
- Team player who is also able to work independently and is a self-starter.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Google Suites and other Software Tools.
- Personal commitment to CTH vision and mission.
- Ability to travel internationally.
Who You Are:
- A self- starter who is able to learn, work independently and passionately.
- You seek to take on new types of work, even without supervision.
- You show willingness to work, travel, and do what it takes to get the job done.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and an ability to operate effectively in a changing context.
- You are able to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response.
- You can build strong relationships with clients and colleagues in a high paced environment.
- You must speak and write well and have a reasonably good command of English language usage and structure
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online