New Energy Nexus is an international organization that supports clean energy entrepreneurs with funds, accelerators and networks. We started in California and now operate programs in China, India, Southeast Asia, and East Africa.
Our partner, Clean Technology Hub, is a pioneering hybrid hub for the research, development, demonstration and incubation of clean energy technologies in Africa, and their validation for commercial stage development. It is an early start-up incubator for inventions and innovations in clean energy, a consultancy for sustainability and energy efficiency solutions for organizations, and a driver of clean energy investment into Africa. Clean Technology Hub is focused on addressing Africa’s energy poverty, increasing energy access through clean, renewable energy and sustainability.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Associate, Environment & Climate Change
Location: Abuja (FCT), Nigeria
- We are seeking a motivated Senior Associate, Environment & Climate Change to contribute to the success and growth of our Organization.
- As a Senior Associate, you will work as part of a dynamic team to contribute to several initiatives, including research, policy formulation and advocacy.
- Work closely with the CEO and the Manager, Environment and Climate Change – to establish Clean Tech Hub’s position on the environment and climate action generally.
- Assist with other organizational-based operations and logistics as may be needed.
- Develop and implement CTH projects for the Environment and Climate Action practice.
- Carry out Research and content development on global environmental and climate change issues; keeping abreast of the current environment and climate-smart technologies, events and programs within Nigeria, Africa and the world at large.
- Assist specifically with managing stakeholders within the climate and environment sector.
- Represent the organization at events, speak and present at dialogues.
- Building relationships and networks of partners and funders.
- Proposal writing, and grant management.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on project metrics, as well as track data on performance and evaluate impact towards building resilience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Environmental Science, Economics, Public Policy or other related fields
- Must be committed and passionate about CTH’s goal, objectives and mission.
- Must have 3-4 years’ experience in a similar role.
- A strategic mind that is focused on execution.
- Research skills.
- Communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Substantial knowledge of national and international proposal development concept.
- Familiarity with ongoing debates and initiatives in the field of climate change, environmental sustainability and international development.
- Ability to write clearly and consistently and present to a wide variety of local and international audiences.
- Experience in the usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Skype, Zoom, etc.).
Who You Are:
- A self- starter who is able to learn, work independently and passionately.
- You seek to take on new types of work, even without supervision.
- You show willingness to work, travel, and do what it takes to get the job done.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and an ability to operate effectively in a changing context.
- You are able to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response.
- You can build strong relationships with clients and colleagues in a high paced environment.
- You must speak and write well and have a reasonably good command of English language usage and structure.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online