New Energy Nexus is an international organization that supports clean energy entrepreneurs with funds, accelerators and networks. We started in California and now operate programs in China, India, Southeast Asia, and East Africa.
Our partner, Clean Technology Hub, is a pioneering hybrid hub for the research, development, demonstration and incubation of clean energy technologies in Africa, and their validation for commercial stage development. It is an early start-up incubator for inventions and innovations in clean energy, a consultancy for sustainability and energy efficiency solutions for organizations, and a driver of clean energy investment into Africa. Clean Technology Hub is focused on addressing Africa’s energy poverty, increasing energy access through clean, renewable energy and sustainability.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Associate, Knowledge Management
- Clean Technology Hub is seeking a motivated Senior Associate, Knowledge Management to contribute to the success and growth of our Organization.
- As a Senior Associate, you will work as part of a dynamic team to contribute to several initiatives, including research, policy formulation and advocacy.
- Work closely with all departments in the organization, especially the Manager, Energy Access and Manager, Environment and Climate Change – with a focus on managing, developing content and driving traffic to the Clean Technology Hub website.
- Oversee the management of CTH’s Google suite including the organization’s Google drive and ensure that information and data are uploaded and arranged in an organized and efficient manner.
- Oversee CTH’s email and zoom management.
- Ensure that newsletter are published and disseminated on a monthly basis.
- Carry out initiatives to build CTH’s startup ecosystem and share targeted opportunities to partners through newsletters.
- Provide Technical and IT support to the team.
- Proof- read and check the quality of content posted on CTH’s website.
- Provide support on knowledge products and knowledge sharing tools.
- Identify Knowledge Products generated from projects, working with the project teams to capture, upload, and share/apply them for marketing, business, and technical advancement.
- Represent the Organization at external meetings and professional gatherings where required. Manage external relations related to the energy access portfolio. Work with the CEO/COO in developing strategies and proposals for the overall Energy Access program of the hub
- Plan and execute domestic and international conferences, workshops and networking events.
- Proposal writing, grant applications and grant management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. (A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.)
- Minimum of four (4) years of work experience in a similar role.
- Excellent communications and coordination skills and cultural sensibility, with ability to work with international project teams at headquarters and the field.
- Strong attention to detail and organization is a must.
- fluency in written and spoken English. Proficiency in languages other than English, will be an added advantage.
- Team player who is also able to work independently and is a self-starter.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Google Suites and other Software Tools.
- Ability to adapt to diverse and fast paced environment and work with people from different backgrounds;
- Ability to travel internationally.
Who You Are:
- A self- starter who is able to learn, work independently and passionately.
- You seek to take on new types of work, even without supervision.
- You show willingness to work, travel, and do what it takes to get the job done.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and an ability to operate effectively in a changing context.
- You are able to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response.
- You can build strong relationships with clients and colleagues in a high paced environment.
- You must speak and write well and have a reasonably good command of English language usage and structure
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online