|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Board Affairs Officer & Committee Secretary (CAHR)
Location: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Position Grade: PL5
- The President, plans, supervises and manages the business of the Bank Group. Under the direction of the Boards of Directors, the President conducts the business of the Bank and the African Development Fund and manages operations and activities in accordance with the Agreements establishing the African Development Bank and the African Development Fund.
- The President supervises several Departments and Units including Office of the President; Independent Development Evaluation Department; Integrity and Anti-Corruption Department ; Compliance Review and Mediation Unit ; Secretariat to the Sanctions Appeals Board; Administrative Tribunal; Office of the Auditor General; Group Risk Management Directorate; General Counsel and Legal Services Department; Communication and External Relations Department; Staff Integrity and Ethics Office and Office of the Secretary General & General Secretariat.
The Hiring Department / Division
- The role of the Bank’s Office of the Secretary General and the General Secretariat is to facilitate the delivery of the objectives of the Bank’s Ten Year Strategy and High 5s by enhancing the decision-making process of the governance organs and forging better working relationships with the shareholders and host countries of the Bank. The Secretary General and the General Secretariat is comprised of:
- the Immediate Office of the Secretary General which has the additional responsibility of managing the Records Management and Archives Section and the Corporate Governance Policy and Shareholder Relations Section as well as Conferences and Meetings;
- Board Affairs and Proceedings Division; and
- Protocol, Privileges and Immunities Division.
- The main functions of the Board Affairs and Proceedings Division (PSEG.1) are the following: (i) prepare the work programmes, the agenda and the Board and Committee meeting schedules; (ii) organise the meetings of the Boards and their committees, and provide secretariat services; (iii) provide secretariat services to the Boards of Governors and their subsidiary organs, and manage the relationships between these Boards and senior management; iv) ensure the monitoring of the implementation of board decisions by the organisational units concerned; and (v) provide administrative and support services to the members of elected officials, and also as regards recruitment for their offices; and (vi) conserve and safeguard the Bank’s institutional memory.
- This position’s overall objective is to provide secretariat services to the Boards of Governors, the Boards of Directors and the Committee on Administrative Affairs and Human Resource Policy Issues (CAHR), including drafting, revising and translating meeting reports while ensuring the proper conduct of meetings of the Boards of Directors, the Boards of Governors and their subsidiary organs.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Division manager, board affairs and proceedings (PSEG.1), the Principal Board Affairs Officer and Committee Secretary will:
- Contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Boards of Directors and Boards of Governors and the Committee on Administrative Affairs and Human Resource Policy Issues (CAHR) by enhancing the decision-making process;
- Assist the Committee on Administrative Affairs and Human Resource Policy Issues (CAHR) Chair in preparing and conducting Committee on Administrative Affairs and Human Resource Policy Issues (CAHR) meetings and advise on any relevant matters;
- Prepare background papers, analyses and recommendations to be used by the Committee on Administrative Affairs and Human Resource Policy Issues (CAHR) Chairperson and members;
- Coordinate the activities of the Committee on Administrative Affairs and Human Resource Policy Issues (CAHR) and manage the relationship between Senior Management and members;
- Cover Committee on Administrative Affairs and Human Resource Policy Issues (CAHR) meetings, analyse and determine the thrust of discussions/deliberations and synthesize and prepare a succinct summary of the main decisions and conclusions reached;
- Contribute to strengthening the effectiveness of Committee on Administrative Affairs and Human Resource Policy Issues (CAHR) through research and submission of documents on issues under consideration;
- Populate the Board Dashboard and follow up on Committee on Administrative Affairs and Human Resource Policy Issues (CAHR) recommendations;
- Ensure the coverage of relevant Boards of Governors meetings; analyse and determine the thrust of discussions/deliberations and then synthesize and draft the main decisions and conclusions reached;
- Translate, when and as necessary, in the other working language of the Bank, the synthesis and reports drafted;
- Carry out any other assignment required by service exigency.
Competencies (Skills, Experience and Knowledge)
- Hold at least a Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Communication, Economics, International Relations, Development Studies, Development Finance, Social Science and other related disciplines.
- Have a minimum of five years (5) years of relevant professional experience in similar organizations.
- Have strong and proven translation skills.
- Have excellent analytical and drafting skills and be good at summarizing and synthesizing.
- Private sector experience will be an added advantage.
- Be able to identify and meet clients’ needs within the framework of established rules on the processing of reports and identify appropriate solutions and alternatives when necessary.
- Be able to work efficiently under pressure and be willing to work long hours to meet tight deadlines;
- Be able to multi-task, excellent problem-solving skill and attention to detail.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work in a multicultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Show proof of discretion, tactfulness and flexibility in dealing with clients such as the Boards of Governors, Boards of Directors, Ambassadors and Senior Management.
- Proficiency in English or French both written and oral is important.
- Proficient in the use of standard MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Practical knowledge of SAP systems will be an advantage.
Application Closing Date
29th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online