|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Human Resources Officer
Requisition ID: 2022202482
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job type: Full time
Supervisor: Human Resources Manager
- The Senior HR Officer will work with the HR Manager to provide operational support to implement effective and functional Human Resources (HR) processes for FHI360 Nigeria in the Northeast, in all functional areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support for New Hire orientation including communicating orientation timetables to all facilitators, drafting introductory email for all new hires, budgets preparation, coordinate new hire documentation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives as may be required.
- Support recruitment needs such as screen applications, prepare offer letters, conduct reference checks, make offers, participate in interviews as necessary, and draft job adverts.
- Provide technical support to Field coordinators and sector leads in the recruitment of community volunteers and ensuring SOPs are adhered to.
- Follow up on staff insurances and update technical leads on issues relating to staff insurances and manage records.
- Ensure external requests for all staff are completed including visa application introductory letters, reference check requests, loan facility requests, etc. Maintain data base for such applications, track report and communicate status to CO-HR backstop.
- Facilitate staff appraisal processes, ensuring 360-degree feedback, communicate status to relevant parties and forward completed forms to CO-HR backstop for review and further processing.
- Manage staff separation and escalate to CO & HQ HR when required
- Provide regular briefings to CO HR on NE HR matters, including the status of recruitment, training, leave balances, etc.
- Ensure conformity with recruitment requirements and compliance with the rules and regulations.
- Work with the CO HR to ensure day-to-day operations of HR-related functions are addressed in a timely, efficient, and proactive manner.
- Develop & maintain a strong network with other INGO’s/Professional association to strengthen the Organization’s pool of qualified candidates.
- Interpret and provide guidance and instruction to NE staff and teams on HR processes, policies, workflow, and work unit priorities.
- Conduct investigations, complaints of discrimination, harassment, PSEA, and other workplace complaints in a timely, objective, professional, and thorough manner. Escalate to CO HR, HQ HR, Management and/or Compliance as applicable
- Serve as a link between the HR and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts, and helping to resolve work related problems in consultation with CO HR.
- Educates and supports management & staff in implementation of HR programs, practices and initiatives.
- Work with CO HR to identify training and development opportunities using staff performance and development plans as a standard and working with Unit Heads.
- In consultation with the Human Resources in country office, will make decisions on HR issues
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.Sc / BA Degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent with 5 – 7 years of relevant experience.
- Or M.Sc / MA degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent, and 3 – 5 years relevant experience.
- A higher degree or professional qualification in HR is an advantage
- Certified member of Chartered Institute of Personnel Management or related body is an advantage.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and computer (Excel and spreadsheet) skills are required.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required,
- English Fluency required; Hausa is an added value
- Experience and good working knowledge of USAID regulations is an advantage.
- Experience of HR in the not-for-profit sector is an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive Human Resources issues or projects and use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
- Use a computer to accurately and rapidly enter and retrieve data and information.
- Working knowledge of in-country employment regulations, e.g., Nigerian labor/employee relations statutes and capacity to apply them to FHI Nigeria.
- Strong knowledge in salary structure and development, benefits and compensation, surveys/benchmarking and job evaluation systems.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Objectivity and the ability to apply HR rules and regulations in a fair and consistent manner.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25% to hardship locations.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online