Geoplex is the fastest growing indigenous Service Company in Sub-Saharan Africa. Established in June 2002 to provide Oilfield Services to the fast-expanding Upstream Sector of the Oil and Gas industry in Nigeria and the West Africa Coastal Region, Government policies aimed at encouraging and ensuring more participation by competent Nigerians in the upstream Oil & Gas Industry has contributed to our growth process.
Working with our Technical Partners, we now deliver Fullstream Integrated Oil Field Solutions that enhance our customer’s field productivity, safety, and environmental stewardship, while minimizing cost and risk at every step of the value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Mechanical Maintenance Engineer / Technician
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to join our Maintenance Department based in Port Harcourt Nigeria.
- You will be working in a challenging, fast-moving, interesting, and rewarding environment while being exposed to a broad field of assignments and projects in the oil and gas industry.
- The senior mechanical maintenance engineer is responsible for ensuring the highest possible uptime and availability for mechanical equipment in the Electric wireline, slackline, and WellTesting sections of our business.
- Accountable for reliability is highest possible and where needed facilitate/perform root cause investigations to increase equipment reliability and general performance.
- Ensure incident-free and reliable operation, including timely and proper maintenance of systems
- Ensure timely documents review and commenting to Engineering and Projects department on new facilities when requested.
- Accountable for implementing Maintenance excellence by aligning with corporate standards and international best practices, on mechanical equipment.
- Ensure timely and proactively follow-up on all relevant failure reports, lessons learned within areas of responsibility of Employees.
- Ensure future maintenance activities are proactively planned, prepared, and scheduled with the required level of equipment integrity and reliability within areas of responsibility of the Employee.
- Ensure maintenance activities are proactively coordinated including contractor & vendor management within areas of responsibilities of Employees.
- Ensure contractor & vendor personnel are pre-job briefed in office, informed about field contact persons, and informed about relevant HSE issues including relevant HSE and operating procedures before field mobilization.
- Ensure liaison with the field maintenance team, Operations team, and other stakeholders to stay updated on the ongoing maintenance activities within areas of responsibility of Employees.
- Ensure major and critical jobs or projects within the area of responsibility of Employee, are attended as and when required.
- Ensure equipment documentation and Periodic Preventive Maintenance (PPM) procedures are constantly updated within areas of responsibility.
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree
- Higher professional (technical) education: Mechanical Engineering with more than 5 years experience within the oil and gas industry working on Wireline and Slickline Unit is a must.
- Experience in global and local oil companies and operations.
- Extensive understanding of rotating equipment, compressors, and diesel engines.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English languages is preferred.
- Communication and leadership skills.
- Computer literacy MS Office skills, general PC skills are a must.
Application Closing Date
14th July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online