TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a non-profit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs, and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
We are recruiting to fill te position below:
Job Title: Senior Operations Coordinator
Requisition Number: OPERA002802
Job type: Full-time
Reports Directly to: Finance and Operations Manager
- TechnoServe seeks a highly organized, detail-oriented professional to oversee office management, administrative and logistics functions for TechnoServe Nigeria’s country office.
- The role is a critical function of the office and ensures smooth office operations at all times.
Program / Practice / Department Overview:
- The Operations coordinator will be part of the Finance and Operations department to support activities across TNS Nigeria.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
- Facilitates procurement processes for projects as assigned and following set procurement policy and procedures. Initiates and facilitate shared office procurements
- Manage international and domestic travel requests for all staff.
- Process all visa and work permit requests for staff in compliance with host Country guidelines.
- Maintain office inventory and regularly update inventory records.
- Supervises support staff such as office assistants and drivers
- Coordinates vendor management and database maintenance
- Coordinates and maintains all aspects of fleet and logistics management.
- Coordinates the office and its facilities including utilities such diesel, generator maintenance, electricity and regulators
- Coordinates staff meetings, prepares and disseminates meeting agendas and briefing notes.
- Assists the Finance and Operations Manager in coordinating in-Country information technology support.
- Works closely with Country Safety and Security Focal point in coordinating the Country safety and security tasks.
- Oversees the maintenance and cleaning of the office space regularly.
- Assumes responsibility for document filing and develops office administrative procedures.
- Drafts correspondence including reports, processes and other administrative documents.
- Executes monthly purchases and manages office petty cash.
- Supervises the daily office operations team (Drivers, Cleaner, Admin intern)
These are the requirements that any qualified candidate must meet. Typically includes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or other relevant Social Sciences related field
- At least 3 years of work experience in an administrative / office management role, with responsibilities related to procurement preferably with an international NGO
- Fluency in English
- Effective oral and written communication skills, and ability to work independently on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communications skills
- Experience with relevant software packages, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to travel on occasion
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
This section should highlight the competencies that would make a candidate successful in the role such as:
- High Professional work ethic and integrity.
- Ability of reason objectively, clear strong and strategic communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Strong operational, analytical and management skills.
- Ability to multitask competing priorities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work both as a team lead and a team member.
Application Closing Date
11th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online