BFREE – We are a young, innovative and Nigeria’s foremost ethical debt collection startup. If you want to have fun while working in a fun environment, earn very well when you perform like a rock-star, and be part of a company where your voice matters, then Bfree is the place for you. Because we hate status-quo and we hate mediocre – we founded BFREE to revolutionize debt recovery in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Product Manager – API Products
Location: Ikorodu, Lagos
Contract Type: Full-Time
- Do you have a passion to revolutionize the credit collection industry in Africa using technology? Have you worked with APIs in Financial Technology companies?
- We at BFREE are seeking a Senior Product Manager to help us build the bridge between business and technology teams for API development products.
- This role would be responsible for creating API products based on credit collection service offerings surrounding Digital Lending/Financial Technology use-cases.
- This Product Manager ensures API products are designed and built to high standards, are easy for developers to implement, and can support the widest possible number of use-cases.
- This Product Manager must possess a combination of technical and product knowledge in order to cater to their uses.
- For this role you must understand how APIs are accelerating and disrupting credit collection, digital lending and fintech businesses and apply that knowledge to conduct market research and create new business models and channels for BFREE through the use of APIs.
- Leverage experience to provide intelligence to the business teams on FinTech and Financial Aggregator use-cases and business models.
- Apply industry experience in FinTech to create and design products which are attractive and marketable to customers.
- Create monetization strategy for APIs.
- Leverage partners to acquire required APIs, design usage and recommend deployment plans.
- Work with the Product and Engineering teams to translate business and functional requirements into API User Stories.
- Make product roadmap decisions and have overall ownership of the API as a product. Prioritize work and make strategic decisions on cutting or adding features during the development cycle.
- Understanding of data models around these products.
- Own all API documentation including documents for developer support, security, sales, sales training, marketing.
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
- Possible partial remote
- 4-5 years of experience in product management.
- Built Fintech API products.
- 4+ years of experience working in the Financial Technology sector, preferably on the business/product side.
- 4+ years of experiencing managing IT Products.
- 2+ years of Agile product management experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong understanding of the use of data in Product management.
- High attention to detail and visual presentation.
- 2+ years of designing, testing, or supporting APIs (though no API programming will be required for this specific role).
- A deep knowledge of required APIs and partnerships.
- Excellent presentation skills and comfort presenting complex information to senior leadership.
What We Offer
Working for a fast-growing tech-enabled ethical credit is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging and expectations are high, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer for this position.
- Flexible remote work schedule
- 20 days Annual Leave.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference
- Ability to work with some of the best minds in the start-up industry through daily interactions
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no BS, no suits, and no jerks.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Short phone interview (15 minutes max) with CPO
- Extended interview (remote or in-person) with CTO and CPO
- Take-home case study
- Case study review interview with CPO
- Final interview with the CEO.