|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Working together with children, young people, supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges girls and vulnerable children face. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, driving changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. Plan International is registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Project Coordinator
- The ASPIRE project is a 5-year project funded with support from Global Affairs Canada and focused on improving sexual rights and reproductive health of adolescent girls and boys in Bauchi and Sokoto state.
- The purpose of this role is to co-ordinate the field operations and programming in Bauchi state for the ASPIRE project in line with Plan International Nigeria Policies, International best practices and relevant guidelines.
Dimensions of the Role
- Communicates widely within Plan International Nigeria across Plan International and with local implementing partners.
- The post holder will interface and support operational and programme team members and support programme and operational coordination.
- The role requires strong facilitation and organisational skills along with the ability to analyse and communicate complex information to all stakeholders.
In collaboration with the Field Team and under the supervision of the National Project Manager, the Senior Project coordinator will be responsible for:
Field Operational and Programme Management:
- Coordinate all operational functions and linkages in the Bauchi office to ensure overall management of ASPIRE operational support team.
- Ensure synergy among project outcomes during implementation.
- Oversight in the integration of GE, Child protection and safeguarding, Environmental and other cross cutting themes during project implementation
- Ensure operational support for program teams and coordinate with team colleagues for effective implementation of all project activities.
- Ensure health, safety, safeguarding and security protocols are followed at all times, and take corrective, timely actions as required and in consultation with the NPM and other CLT members
- Review security plans on a regular basis and ensure they are up to date at all times.
- Support budget holders in review of budget vs. actual reports with operations staff and ensure appropriate action is taken in a timely fashion.
- Support and coordinate with operations team and the CO in all aspects of supply chain support, including procurement, stock management, asset management, vehicle and equipment renewal, maintenance and repair (including communications and computer equipment).
- Oversee under the auspices of the ASPIRE Project Finance Manager the financial management of field office operations, and finance/logistics staff, including cash management and transactions, operational budget.
- Ensure complete and correct use of all finance forms and timely communication of financial issues to the financial controller.
- Ensure compliance with Plan International Nigeria and donor finance and logistics policies, including all aspects of procurement and asset management.
- Ensure compliance with Plan International Child & Young People Safeguarding Standards
- Support adequate communication and coordination between both ASPIRE locations, technical coordination staff and country office on daily activities as well as program and operational issues.
- Develop a State operations plan to support the program activities and the scale up programming
- Ensure regular programme coordination and review meetings hold
- Coordinate all report writing and submission from the Bauchi field team.
- Follow-up on project close-out plan.
Coordination and Representation:
- Represent the Project and Plan International Nigeria to State, , international and National NGOs, and attend coordination meetings as needed at the state level.
- Actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders at the state level including donors, government actors, local traditional leadership, beneficiary populations and their representatives, etc.
- Establish and maintain networks with UN, INGOs, and local partners to promote strategic partnerships.
- Establish and maintain strategic partnerships with government and MDA.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree a plus (Management-related or preferred);
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing Health/SRH and child protection (CP) or gender-based violence (GBV) projects in developing countries, preferably in Northern Nigeria.
- Experience with Global Affairs Canada funded projects a plus
- Strong financial management skills, including budget development, financial forecasting, and management of spending plans.
- Significant experience in the management of a multi-donor grant portfolio required. Skilled in program design and proposal development, creation and timely execution of workplans, and high-quality donor reporting.
- Excellent writing skills and able to draft and edit complex technical documents for donor submission with minimal oversight
Skills & Knowledge:
- Demonstrate ability to manage field staff
- Experience in health and cross sectoral programming (i.e. CP, GBV, education)
- Experience in overseeing logistics, HR/Admin, and security management processes
- Excellent cross-cultural communication skills
- Excellent staff capacity building and training skills
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and decision-making skills;
- Strong computer skills;
- Flexibility, ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Creates strong sense of purpose and commitment within the team and with stakeholders
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and Organizational development.
- Sound judgement and decision-making in complex situations
- Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness.
- Leads by example to motivate high performance of others
- Very strong commitment to continuous learning.
Application Closing Date
25th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.