Bolt (formally Taxify) is one of the fastest-growing startups in the world with over 30M happy customers in 30+ countries, from Europe to Mexico to Africa. We’re building a ride-hailing app to connect millions of riders and drivers around the world to make travel easier, quicker and more reliable.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Public Policy Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Category: Business Operations
Your daily adventures will include:
- Management and mitigation of political, regulatory and legislative risk
- Design and execution of public affairs strategy including timeline for engagement with KPIs
- Comprehensive stakeholder mapping: assist in-country business units with identifying key stakeholders among elected officials, civil servants, third party groups; ensuring that information is kept current
- Message crafting and localization
- Drafting of position papers, submissions, ‘leave-behinds’, consultation papers and oral advocacy materials, as required
- Oral advocacy and effective representation of Bolt in meetings with stakeholders
- Co-primary ownership of relationship with regulatory authorities in operational markets
- Maintenance of relationships with 3rd party groups including NGOs, civil society groups, passenger, commuter and safety organizations
- Representing Bolt in relevant industry associations
- Establish effective relationships with policy-making and regulatory stakeholders in target markets
- Instruct and manage consultant public affairs agencies, freelancers and legal counsel as required
We are looking for:
- Educated to degree level, likely with some postgraduate
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a public affairs/ public policy capacity.
- You may not describe yourself as a lobbyist but you have worked in a professional capacity influencing and changing legislation, regulation and administrative procedure
- This is not a job for a career changer, nor for an enthusiastic amateur.
- The successful candidate is likely to come from working for an elected official or with a civil service department, regulatory agency, public affairs agency or might be an in-house in a public policy role, ideally in the tech or transport verticals
- Experience of legislative and regulatory processes on a multi-jurisdictional basis
- While not a communications or PR role, an understanding of how political developments impact the media cycle, and vice versa
- Demonstrable successes in public affairs
- The ability to work and create an advocacy agenda in accordance with a strategic governance framework
- An excellent writer and communicator
- The ability to relate public affairs activity to underpin the commercial operations of a business
- Confident, articulate, organized, resilient
- Formal legal training in advisory or litigation functions could be helpful but not a prerequisite. Transaction support lawyers, don’t waste your time
- Good political networks in some operational markets in region are an advantage; ability to develop networks a requirement
- Experience of and the confidence to represent Bolt to Cabinet level policy-makers
- Business standard written and spoken English
- Additional languages a distinct advantage
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Your daily duties will have a meaningful impact on millions of people all over the world.
- You’ll be surrounded by the most friendly, supportive colleagues you can imagine.
- As we grow, so will you! Bolt’s fast-paced, challenging environment offers you great opportunities for professional development.
- You’ll always be kept informed. Our bi-weekly All Hands meetings bring our global teams together, ensuring we’re all up to speed and moving forward as one.
- Switching off is important! At Bolt, we like to work hard and play hard. Enjoy our fun team events, office snacks, free merch and more.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online