GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Sales Manager – Digital Grid Software Nigeria
Reference ID: R3615717
Employment Type: Full-time
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
Job Description Summary
- Customer facing staff responsible for winning business Impacts approaches, projects and programs in the functional area or affected business organization and ways of working.
- Impacts quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own team.
- Guided by commercial practices and policies that may be shaped by the role.
- Has significant control/influence over commercial priorities.
- There is moderate autonomy within the role to enter into/execute Commercial arrangements.
- High levels of Commercial judgement are required to achieve outcomes required.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Team responsible of selling GE Digital solutions to internal and external customers.
- Requires specialized knowledge across product lines, markets, sales processes, or customer groups.
- Requires strong commercial awareness, and is expected to influence the development of strategy for their broad sales territory, including control of resources.
- Interprets simple internal and external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services.
- Stays informed of industry trends that may inform work.
- Uses high level of judgment to make decisions and handle complex tasks or problems within projects, product lines, markets, sales processes, campaigns or customers.
- Has ability to assess quality of information given and ask pertinent questions to stakeholders or customers.
- Able to offer new solutions to problems outside of set parameters and is able to construct and provide recommendations.
- Uses multiple internal and some external sources outside of own function to help arrive at a decision.
- This role requires significant experience in Digital Software Sales and Software Turn-key solutions Sales for the Utilities industry. Knowledge level is comparable to a Master’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- Deep domain expertise of energy value chain, the transmission and distribution segment, including technology trends and future challenges, and working knowledge of Energy sector regulatory framework in SSA.
- Proven experience in SCADA, Energy Management System (EMS), Distribution Management System (DMS) or asset management.
- This role requires significant experience working with IFIs (e.g. World Bank, AFD, among others) and track record in establishing successful partnerships with EPCs and others in the African continent, as part of a full Turn-key package solution.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online