Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health programs, education, research, and livelihoods initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
In anticipation of a potential award from USAID on the Accelerating Control of the HIV Epidemic in Nigeria (ACE) with focus on the BAY (Borno, Adamawa, Yobe) states, the position below is open for consideration to all qualified candidates:
Job Title: Senior Technical Advisor – Prevention, Care & Treatment
Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Will provide technical and managerial leadership (thematic lead) in the provision of quality HIV prevention (including PrEP), treatment, care and reproductive/family planning services.
- Services that meet global and national standard.
- He/she will take lead in planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting on HIV prevention activities and establish linkages between communities and health services.
- He/she will train and mentor project staff, health care providers and consortium partners to provide high quality HIV, RH/FP services including screening and referral of identified clients with cancer of cervix.
- CSO staff and provide training support for program developed topics and interventions.
- S/he will be responsible for the development / adaptation of guidelines, standard operating procedures, and deployment of appropriate, safe, and ethical models of care that would efficiently achieve results while maintaining program fidelity.
- The STA will provide direct support to government officials to design and implement activities / programs that would ensure provision of resilient and sustainable HIV and RH programs.
Minimum Recruitment Standard
- MB.BS / MD / PHD or similar degree with 7 to 9 years experience working in health or development field in Nigeria with at least 5 years progressive experience working in the PEPFAR HIV response
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate clinical or public health degree is required
- Proven experience in project development, planning and facilitating technical training; with extensive knowledge and skills for application of Differentiated Models of Care appropriate for situations and the ability to constitute and deploy competent surge teams to implement catchups.
- Ability to analyze and use site level granular data to identify gaps, develop and deploy remedial actions plans to improve services delivery
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Clinical management and training experience and ability to understand full range of issues around the clinical management of HIV/AIDS, including provision of ART
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings
- Proven ability in supervising staff.
Application Closing Date
Tuesday, 11th January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a Suitability Statement (application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-PCTJobs@ahnigeria.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview.