|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Technical Advisor – TQLA / DSD
Requisition ID: 2022202468
Job type: Full time
Supervisor: Technical Director
- Under the direction of the Technical Director, the Senior Technical Advisor-TQLA/DSD will provide technical leadership in the design and execution of sound technical strategies and best practices in the program areas targeted by this project.
- This includes strengthening the capacity of the supported project offices and health facilities assigned and other key stakeholders to apply FHI 360’s Total Quality Leadership and Accountability (TQLA)O model and to ensure strong linkages to care and treatment for HIV, prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV (PMTCT) services, clinical management of HIV/AIDS and reproductive health (RH) services towards the achievement of UNAIDS 95-95-95.
- The Senior Technical Advisor-TQLA/C&T will coordinate needs-based, targeted technical assistance (TA) to the project’s government partners, including the provision of continuous mentorship of multi-level managers in the assigned LGAs a on TQLA as well as the promotion of data utilization for daily course correction and adaptive management both among project staff and our government partners.
- As a core component of effective DSD service provision and TQLA, ensure that project stakeholders maintain a focus on the client experience and strive to improve the quality of services, tailoring them to the needs of the clients/patients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adopt participatory approaches to review program data and identify emerging issues for intervention, as well as determine priority sites for intensive technical support. Support the development of capacity optimization plan(s) for identified sites, covering clients’ experience/performance; technical performance; internal processes; and innovations, learning and growth. Provide support to the overall leadership and management of project sites Co-facilitate, as required, at program workshops/trainings, contributing on the integration of TQLA principles into training activities. Provide technical expertise in the development, design and operationalization of TQLA tools, such as target setting tools, burndown charts, data visualization windows, power point slides, etc.
- Integrate TQLA concepts and support the development of various innovative processes for optimizing management/leadership abilities for improved program performance. Core areas of support will include but are not limited to granular level data collection, reporting and utilization for decision making.
- Enhance the DHO’s regular situation room meetings (SRMs), provide targeted feedback, and offer evidence-based technical assistance to assigned health facilities and partner organizations. Provide technical facilitation to quality improvement charters and collaboratives, and support continuation of constructive dialogues around granular level data in situation room meetings. Support the development of an internal system for measuring and reporting the effects of TQLA interventions over time (i.e., effectiveness and efficiencies). Stay abreast of latest technical developments in the field of care and treatment and support the DHO to apply cutting edge strategies to the HIV program. Lead a team of technical experts (project staff) to deliver focused support in core HIV program technical areas. Contribute to the tracking of progress, analysis of data and preparation of project reports for the donor; and participate in key meetings and presentations with external stakeholders. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MB.BS / MD / PHD or similar degree with 5-7 years relevant experience with at least 7 years progressive experience working in the health or development field in Nigeria. BS/BA or similar degree with 9-11 years’ experience in care and treatment for HIV/AIDS especially with ARV program.
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field with 7-9 years is required. Proven experience in project development, planning and facilitating technical training. Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically. Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Advanced training in HIV Clinical Care/ART and/or CT/PMTCT. Experience having used and trained others in FHI 360’s TQLAO model or very similar approaches to adaptive management and data use.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others, including developing and maintaining compatibility among project staff, consultants, sub-awardees and recipients of project TA and support.
- Demonstrated management and team-building skills, including relevant experience in direct supervision of professional staff. Articulate and able to communicate in a clear, professional manner with clients and staff.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political ethical issues surrounding HIV infections.
- Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume workflow. High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication, including presentation and training skills.
- Proven ability in supervising staff. Well-developed computer skills. Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online