Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Server
Job Number: 21104653
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Category: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Brand: Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type: Non-Management
Explore our very big world:
- We welcome you to join our global and diverse family. Whether you’re new to hospitality or a seasoned professional, you can come to us knowing that you will always be appreciated for your natural talents. Your positive energy and people-pleasing mindset are an important part of why our guests stay with us again and again.
The impact you’ll make
- You know the finest details of our menu and can’t wait to share your expertise with our guests.
- When they dine with us, your warm greeting, flawless table settings, and friendly demeanour do not go unnoticed.
- No matter the day, you set out to provide each guest with a dining experience that will be remembered long after their stay.
What you’ll be doing:
- Welcome guests and promptly attend to tables
- Serve food and beverages to guests making recommendations if needed
- Share your menu knowledge to assist guests with questions and special requests
- Record transactions in the MICROS system correctly and timely
- Check-in with guests to assure satisfaction with each course and beverage
- Clean tables, complete closing duties and re-stock tableware and other supplies.
What we’re looking for:
- Great conversational skills and teamwork-oriented
- Positive outlook and outgoing personality
- Previous serving experience is a big plus.
- This role requires the ability to move and lift up to 25 lbs. Standing, sitting or walking for extended periods of time and ensuring a professional appearance in a clean uniform are also required.
- Prior to employment, we’ll ask you to complete safety training and certification.
Skills / Work Environment:
Connect your passions with a rewarding opportunity:
- You’re a food and beverage enthusiast who really enjoys making others feel at home.
- When you work with us, you’ll get to entertain and meet people from all over the world as you build your experience.
- Join us and grow through opportunities to explore the business, opening yourself to various career options.
- No matter your path, we’ll make sure you feel right at home.
Rewards for work, benefits for life
You’ll be supported in and out of the workplace through:
- Discounts on hotel rooms, gift shop items, food and beverage
- Learning and development opportunities
- Recognition programs
- Wellbeing programs
- Encouraging management
- Team-spirited colleagues.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online