|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Shelter – HLP Field Assistant
CFCV No.: CFCV2021.85
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Organizational Unit: Shelter & NFI
IOM Classification: Hourly
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term Hourly Contract (On Call)
Estimated Start Date: As Soon as Possible
- The Shelter-HLP Field Assistant will be working under the leadership and guidance of the Shelter Program Manager, the direct supervision of the Shelter Project Officer and the guidance and mentorship of the Housing, Land and Property (HLP) Advisor.
- Within the framework of the emergency response program in North-East Nigeria, the incumbent shall be responsible for supporting the Shelter Unit projects by assisting in the implementation of field activities, with a particular focus on HLP issues, including land advocacy, as well as community mobilization, needs assessment, and liaising with local authorities and stakeholders, in accordance with the overall directives of the Head of Sub Office and IOM procedures, and in close coordination with other units.. In particular, s/he will:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
The incumbent will be responsible and accountable for the following activities:
- Liaise closely with the Shelter Program Manager, Project Officer and HLP Advisor throughout the planning, design and implementation stages of Shelter activities.
- Contribute to the planning procedures and designing of tools for implementation of projects in line with proposals and strategies.
- Promote the HLP rights of IDPs/returnees in line with advocacy strategy and facilitate access to land through stakeholders and community engagement.
- Carry out security of tenure due diligence for project implementation according to IOM SOP.
- Assist with the implementation of Shelter and HLP projects according to the agreed response strategy and plan, including but not limited to needs assessment registration and distribution processes (both in-kind or cashbased), as required.
- Follow up with field activities closely to ensure their quality and that there are no delays by collecting daily updates from field staff, and timely report all challenges or delays to the management and participate in brainstorming to resolve issues.
- Support in organizing and facilitating trainings and stakeholder’s engagement workshops.
- Actively facilitate and maintain liaison and collaboration with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent IOM in relevant forums/cluster/working groups where required.
- Update unit trackers on regular basis, provide feedback on any correction needed to the project manager and project officer.
- Contribute as requested to the reports of Shelter and HLP activities by providing inputs and data (including weekly, monthly, interim and final project reports).
- Prepare and develop status reports, minutes of meetings, travel requests, purchase requisitions and other documents, as required by the management.
- Liaise with government, relevant UN and NGO partners and consultants at state, district and field level, as required.
- Ensure proper filing of documents according to data protection and confidentiality protocols.
- Support the planning and implementation of community consultations, focus group discussions and other community engagement activities related to Shelter and HLP programming.
- Travel to the field as requested.
- Coordinate with all relevant units and provide assistance where needed.
- Perform any other duties that may be required.
- Graduate Degree / Diploma in Social sciences, International Development, International Studies / Relations, Law or relevant field from a recognized institution.
- Preferably 2+ year(s) of relevant experience in the humanitarian sector.
- Experience in community mobilization and engagement and mediation among local actors.
- Previous experience in implementing HLP programmes in North-East Nigeria is an advantage.
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc).
- Ability to work quickly and accurately and pay attention to detail.
- Willingness to assist efficiently in a very busy project environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to present clear and concise information and good communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Fluency in English and Hausa, Kanuri and other local languages (working knowledge).
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Appliaction Closing Date
25th November 2021.
- For the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line CFCV2021.85. Maiduguri. Shelter-HLP Field Assistant.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.