Grand Cereals Limited (GCL), a subsidiary of UAC of Nigeria PLC, is an integrated foods company whose primary activity is the creation of superior value from local raw materials to produce and deliver superior quality brands in the animal feed, edible oils, breakfast cereals, pet food and other intermediate and consumer cereals products to Nigeria and West Africa markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Shift Production Supervisor
Location: Jos, Plateau
Function: Supply Chain
Job Class: JC 12
Reports To: Plant Manager – Cereal Plant
Purpose of Job
- Ensure effective and efficient operation and maintenance of plant and machinery in the Production floor as well as packaging of products in the right quantity, quality, and cost dimensions in a Safe, Effective, Efficient and in Environmentally friendly manner.
Production & Packaging
- Ensure packaging of agreed quantity of products to meet sales and distribution forecasts.
- Coordinate production activities to deliver the business plan in an efficient and effective manner.
- Set and adjust machineries to deliver the right specification and quality consistently.
- Coordinate and monitor activities in all sections (Intake, Screen room, Mill, Packaging, Richfil and Soya flour plants) to ensure SOP and GMP is adhered to.
- Respond to production challenges (machine breakdown, quality deviation, etc.) promptly and follow the escalation procedure.
- Check and confirm availability of all materials needed for production (Packaging, Chemicals, etc.) at the beginning of the shift.
- Forward a verified shift activity report to the plant manager with Mill Planner in copy.
- Do a shift hand over to the next shift and document pending issues.
- Ensure efficient operation of plant and equipment.
- Perform routine operation maintenance of Plansifters, Jet filters, etc.
- Note and forward all abnormal equipment condition to the Mill Planner for collation and maintenance planning.
- Ensure availability of team members to support maintenance.
- Ensure all activities are done according to Standard Operating Procedure.
- Maintain quality assurance to ensure product quality and consistency.
- Ensure packaged products meet specification.
- Ensure correct handling of products at various stages of manufacturing.
- Monitor material usage to ensure inclusion rates are in line with recipe.
- Ensure the right Packaging Materials are correctly coded and used.
- Perform routine cleaning and sanitation of plant and equipment.
- Work closely with the Quality Assurance representative to deliver quality consistently.
- Implement all food safety activities.
Health, Safety and Welfare:
- Ensures health, safety and welfare of employees are assured so that organizational objectives can be optimally met.
- Carry out safety and 5S audits and follow through on closeout of action points.
- Ensure working conditions are safe for operations.
- Report unsafe conditions, near miss and unsafe acts and encourage others to do same using the Safety Observation Cards, also report same to the Plant Manager.
- Ensure that departmental organization has the continuous availability of sufficient motivated and well-trained personnel.
- Assess performance and recommend development plan for junior colleagues.
- Challenge team members to perform at their peak.
- Maintain internal communication.
- Discipline and motivate as appropriate.
- Identify training needs of team members and make recommendations
- Ensure that breakdowns are promptly arrested to promote the achievement of targets.
- Ensure that Production line efficiencies are maintained.
- Ensure set targets of Key Performance Indicators are met (Overall Equipment Effectiveness, Volume, etc.)
Education and Experience
- First Degree (HND, B.Eng., or BSc.) in Engineering or Sciences.
- 5 years of work experience
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude:
- Knowledge catalyst for personnel
- Analytical thinking/Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Numerical Analysis
- Relationship management
- People Development
- Teamwork/Team Player
- Good written and verbal communication
- Planning and organizing
- Performance measurement and management
Application Closing Date
24th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online