Baobab Micro finance Bank is an investment company whose mission is to create a group of leading microfinance banks and finance companies that will provide financial services and savings products to entrepreneurs who lack access to the traditional financial sector. Baobab was created in July 2005 by PlaNet Finance, and other investors including International Finance Corporation, AXA Belgium, and Societe Generale, with the European Investment Bank, the French Development Agency and Developing World Markets Joining later.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: SME Officer
Locations: Lagos & Kaduna
Employment Type: Full-time
Supervisor: Reporting to Head, SME Manager
- The successful candidate will be responsible for setting the strategic agenda for SME.
- SME Loan Officer is responsible for processing loan applications for SME and corporate clients, as well as monitoring the loan portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prospect new SME clients and assists them for loan applications.
- Has the ability to analyze and interpret financial statements of the business in order to access the repayment capacity and financial soundness of the borrower.
- Conducts loan appraisal and collects detailed information (personal, business, and guaranties) and arranges to open a new loan account.
- Prepares and executes loan contracts and arrange for disbursement of loan in kind.
- Have good knowledge about guidelines of the regulatory body and be able to prepare loan reports for internal and external use.
- Monitors the loan and follows up of the timely repayment.
- Maintain contact and maintain good relationships with clients.
- Ensure full compliance with all in-place.
- Any other task as assigned by the Head of Department.
Skills and Specifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Banking & Finance or Accounting
- 1 – 2 years prior experience in the credit/SME department from a Microfinance bank.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Negotiation and internal relationship building.
- Sound written and verbal English communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Analysis and reporting skills.
- Problem solving and decision making.
- Good understanding of business processes.
- Ability to communicate and to maintain good relations with the client.
- Good presentation skills and excellent courteous attitude; social concern.
- Ability to work in confidentiality; ability to work in the field.
Application Closing Date
19th January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and preferred Location (e.g SME Officer – Lagos) as the subject of the email.