Prospa is a bank for Nigerian entrepreneurs. We’re building the financial operating system for African entrepreneurs and businesses. Using our intuitive and beautifully designed mobile and web application, entrepreneurs are able to manage all their business and banking in one place.
We are backed by Y Combinator, and some of the most well respected and prolific investors, builders and operators in the US, Africa and Europe like Immad Akund (CEO @ mercury.com), Microtraction and many others.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Software Engineering Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
- We’re looking for an exceptional Engineering Manager, to contribute to building and leading engineering teams.
What’s The Gig?
- Attracting, retaining and building engineering talent;
- Be a mentor, technical leader and thought leader for a talented team of both front end and back end engineers, challenging them and helping them grow;
- Partnering with product, technology, program management and analytics stakeholders to balance aggressive roadmap against engineering principles;
- Building a culture of learning and sharing technology insights across the technology teams;
- Driving consistent practices in hiring, training and development across the unit.
- Bring innovation to the table that helps in improving the resiliency of our product you are responsible for.
- Looking for continuous improvement in productivity and quality.
- Tracking business impact of features on a regular basis, and rely on performance data and metrics to make informed decisions about possible changes or improvements;
- Deep collaboration with cross functional engineering and product teams to evolve the reporting platform.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to grasp and convey complex product requirements or technical concepts;
- Ability to work in a fast paced, agile development environment;
- Ability to partner with business units to deliver results with agility and high quality;
- Experience building and managing highly effective engineering teams, conducting performance reviews, making compensation decisions and recruiting talent;
- Proven results oriented person with focus on customer experience and delivering quality products;
- 5+ years of experience managing and growing engineering teams that are responsible for large scale, high volume fintech products;
- Solid knowledge of algorithms and other engineering ;
- Demonstrated development team building and people management skills.
Here’s Just Some of our Perks
- Competitive Salary
- Medical cover
- Wellness perks
- Paid time off (leave days)
- Work tools
- Our mission is focused on empowering members to create better experiences, that same mission driven statement is a promise to our team.
- We invest in our employees through career development & opportunities.
- You get to collaborate with and learn from smart and creative people.
- We are in this together #TogetherWeProspa.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online