|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting passionate, self-motivated, and highly qualified individuals to fill the underlisted vacant position, in response to organizational expansion:
Job Title: Sonographer
Requisition ID: sfh-97256
Employment Type: Full Time
- The successful candidate will work as Sonographer for all SFH’s PHC facilities in Delta State under the A2F scheme.
- He/She will provide appropriate health care services at the facility.
- He/She will report to the managing Physician of each facility.
- He/She will treat patients with utmost professionalism, attend to patients promptly, and relate with them with respect and kindness.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Operate and manage ultrasound equipment to produce and record images of the motion, shape and composition of blood, organs, tissues and bodily masses such as fluid accumulations.
- Obtain and record accurate patient history, including prior test results and information from physical examinations.
- Provide sonogram and written summary of technical findings to physician for use in medical diagnosis.
- Observe screen during scan to ensure that image produced is satisfactory for diagnostic purposes, adjusting equipment as required.
- Prepare patient for examination by explaining procedure, transferring them to ultrasound table, scrubbing skin and applying gel, and positioning them properly.
- Record and store suitable images.
- Maintain records that include patient information, sonographs and interpretations, files of correspondence, publications and regulations, and quality assurance records (e.g., pathology, biopsy, post-operative reports).
- Coordinate work with physicians and other health-care team members, including helping during invasive procedures.
Qualifications / Experience
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Radiology, Sonography or any related field from a recognized institution
- Must have completed the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) scheme
- Must have a minimum of 2 years post NYSC experience as a Sonographer.
- Valid practicing licence from Radiographers Registration Board of Nigeria for 2022
- Must be computer literate and proficient in using the Microsoft Office Suite at the minimum. Other computer skills will be of added advantage
Skills and Competencies Required:
- A sonographer with knowledge and skill in clinical sonography management
- Has skill in operating ultrasound equipment to produce and record images.
- Accurate documentation of patient result into the records system
- Good relationship management/ advocacy skills
- Advanced knowledge of and experience using MS office packages including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook among others
- Must possess good report writing, interpretation, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- High level of integrity and adherence to professional ethics
- Ability to always maintain patient confidentiality.
- Ability to cope with stress and to organise and prioritize workload
- Can speak some local language in state of implementation, ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision.
Compensation & Benefits
- The compensation package for these positions is based on industry standards, and designed to attract, motivate, and incentivise talented individuals.
Application Closing Date
11th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Interested persons without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. SFH is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.