Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sourcing & Procurement Specialist
Job ID: R61940
- Would you like to be part of our Turbomachinery Process Solutions Product Line?
- Do you enjoy being part of a successful team?
- Join our Baker Hughes Turbomachinery Sourcing Product Line!
- Our Procurement Team provides support for regional and corporate projects. We are in contact with local and regional teams to collaborate and innovate. We manage the buying process and engage in commercial sourcing management in order to achieve the best contractual conditions and best results for company.
- Partner with the best
- As a Sourcing & Procurement Specialist, you will be responsible for the buying process for a given set of goods, applying sourcing policy, interface between supplier and entity with respect to specifications and budgets.
As a Sourcing & Procurement Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Placing and following-up on Purchase Order (Pos). Manage relationships with suppliers for PO execution.
- Supporting and manage relationships with suppliers for PO execution, placing & following-up on POs for assigned Project in Nigeria.
- Reviewing and approving Purchase requisition in the ERP
- Managing supplier on-boarding in assigned Country or region
- Managing the Purchase to pay cycle
- Detecting and signaling flaws in approaches, methods, procedures and processes and suggests improvements.
- Assisting in the continuous development of the Procurement function towards best practice
- Contributing project as a team member in a matrix organization
- Support other activities like Logistics, administration etc. in Mozambique for an efficient project execution.
- Managing problems and schedule changes. Updating ERP.
- Elaborating proposals for improvement in approaches, methods, procedures and processes in the own field.
- Handling communication with direct colleagues and the business about design and coordination services rendered.
- Supporting sourcing activities in assigned Sub Sahara Africa countries
Fuel Your Passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University or College.
- Have a valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate (please indicate clearly on resume).
- Have at least 4 years of experience in Sourcing/Procurement.
- Have ERP experience with SAP, Oracle & Ariba will be advantageous.
- Have good quantitative, data analysis and presentation skills.
- Have hands-on and ability to handle multiple priorities in an international environment.
- Being able to demonstrate good oral and written communication skills
- Have demonstrate good interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Being a team player with ability to work independently Have demonstrate good problem-solving skills.
- Have proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
Work in a way that works for you:
- We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too.
In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- For us flexibility works both ways, we work with global customers and have annual targets, so as long as we can respond and deliver to these we can offer a lot of flexibility in this role.
Working With Us
- Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
- We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working For You
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online