9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialist, Enterprise Support Services (Big Data)
Job ID: IRC4301
- Lead the design, implementation, and maintenance of Big data infrastructure and tools, including collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing our data and data systems.
- Service and Resource/Infrastructure capacity development and governance across enterprise systems.
- Assist in the implementation of approved policies and procedures for Big data infrastructure and tools design, implementation and maintenance.
- Partner with business leaders, IT service operations team and other relevant stakeholders to identify Big data solution and infrastructure in line with Business requirements
- Responsible for planning of Big data solution and infrastructure upgrades and deployment.
- Provide technical and operational support in management of Big data solution and infrastructure in a highly dynamic business environment and to support business
- Provide support in the implementation and user acceptance testing of Big data solution and infrastructure.
- Assist in the development of a proactive maintenance cycle for Windows operating systems and automate preventive/routine maintenance on systems
- Gather and process raw data at scale
- Create schedules for data and control flows
- Design and develop data applications and reports using selected tools and frameworks as required and requested.
- Read, extract, transform, stage and load data to selected tools and frameworks as required and requested
- Perform tasks such as writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, write SQL queries, etc.
- Work closely with the other team members for 3rd party integration of data sources
- Process structured and unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis.
- Analyze processed data.
- Support business decisions with ad hoc analysis as needed.
- Monitoring data performance and modifying infrastructure as needed.
- Provide input into documentation and updating of Standard operating procedures and process documents.
- Provide input into definition data retention policies.
- Carry out other duties as instructed by Manager, ESS.
- Bachelor’s Degree or more in Computer Science or a related field.
- 5 – 7 years of recent experience in data engineering.
- Very strong SQL/PLQL skills and ability to manipulate data across heterogeneous data sources is required
- A solid track record of data management showing your flawless execution and attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with statistics.
- Programming experience, ideally in Python, Spark, Kafka or Java, and a willingness to learn new programming languages to meet goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of data cleaning, wrangling, visualization and reporting, with an understanding of the best, most efficient use of associated tools and applications to complete these tasks.
- Experience in Hive, Spark or/and MapReduce is a plus
- Deep knowledge of data mining, machine learning, natural language processing, or information retrieval.
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data, including integrating data from multiple sources.
- Experience with machine learning toolkits including, H2O, SparkML or Mahout
- A willingness to explore new alternatives or options to solve data mining issues, and utilize a combination of industry best practices, data innovations and your experience to get the job done
- Experience in production support and troubleshooting
- You find satisfaction in a job well done and thrive on solving head-scratching problems.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online