TeamApt is Nigeria’s largest Agency banking operator and is now building the largest digital bank offering financial services products tailored to meet the needs of the underserved mass market – micropayments, savings, lending, insurance, pensions – using technology and low-cost offline distribution models. We believe providing financial access to the over 350 million Africans who are currently financially underserved will economically empower them and put them on a path to becoming the next generation of middle-class Africans.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Storyteller
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a natural-born storyteller to help move our audience to engage more deeply with our mission through compelling human stories and strong copywriting.
- The successful Storyteller will be a strategic and creative writer who can deliver character-driven, emotionally engaging content tailored for different target audiences and organizational goals.
- She/he will bring fresh eyes to every project and help to shape TeamApt’s distinct brand voice; yet will always be grounded in strategy.
- Translate complex issues into compelling and accessible content.
- Collaborate with internal teams to coordinate and oversee the story collection and production.
- Maintain an editorial calendar of stories.
- Ask effective questions and develop rapport/trust with story subjects across teams and external stakeholders.
- Mine and Identify opportunities to gather content from the field and internal audience in support of our editorial content strategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communication, or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience in a communications role, with a portfolio of work to show the production of self-developed content.
- The ability to mine and engineer stories from seemingly unsentimental situations.
- Structured approach, eye for detail and ability to manage deadlines.
- Strong research, collaboration and planning skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Track record of using purposeful storytelling to drive organizational impact and business results.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
What to expect in the hiring process
- A preliminary phone call with the recruiter
- A technical interview with the Hiring Manager and a case study
- A behavioral and technical interview with a member of the Executive team
- All interviews stages are Virtual