ICAP is a global health leader situated at Columbia University, ICAP has worked since 2003 with one central goal: to improve the health of families and communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Strategic Information Assistant
Job no: 496971
Location: Abuja Capital Territory, Nigeria
Work type: Regular Full-Time
Categories: Strategic Information / Surveillance / Monitoring & Evaluation
- The Strategic Information Assistant is responsible to conduct electronic data entry and cleaning and analysis activities to various projects in ICAP Nigeria.
- S/he will work closely with the other members of the technical teams.
Specific responsibilities and duties:
- Conduct timely and complete data entry from paper-based sources to electronic sources
- Compare data entered with source documents to verify the accuracy of data and detect and correct errors
- Participate in the generation of queries and data-cleaning activities
- Inform the supervisor of any problems or errors observed in the database and detect any hardware and software malfunctions and notify the supervisor
- Assist in the development of monthly, quarterly, and other reports on all indicators for submission and review by supervisors
- Assist in the development of data analysis presentations and progress tracking.
- Always maintain the security of data tools, including protecting the confidentiality of records and data
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Required Education: Degree, Advanced Diploma or Certificate in Data Management, Computer Science, Monitoring & Evaluation, Statistics, or related field.
- Required Experience: Minimum 1-year experience with electronic data entry and data management
- Excellent computer skills, at minimum with Microsoft Office package including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding clients’ health status and the sensitive information contained in data sources.
- Flexibility to work.
- Ability to interact well with all targeted groups and peer outreach workers by facilitating an on-judgmental, non-discriminatory, and non-stigmatizing environment in the program, to welcome all key and vulnerable population beneficiaries regardless of their background.
Application Closing Date
9th December, 2022. W. Central Africa Standard Time
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information MS Word
- Only candidates who are eligible to work in Abuja Nigeria without a need for sponsorship will be considered for the position.
- The position is contingent upon the availability of grant funding. Columbia University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- It does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, gender, religion, creed, national and ethnic origin, age, citizenship, status as a perceived or actual victim of domestic violence, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a Vietnam era or disabled veteran, or any other legally protected status.