Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recuriting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Strategic Information Specialist, Data.FI
Job ID: req11468
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Purpose of Position
- Palladium is seeking a Strategic Information (SI) Specialist to lead in supporting the USAID Nigeria SI Team and service delivery implementing partners (IPs) to leverage PEPFAR data to support control of HIV epidemic at the national level and different states supported by USAID.
- The SI Specialist will support data use strategy at the national level, data quality assessments across the states and the OVC SI teams at USAID and IPs.
- The SI Specialist will be based in Abuja and reporting to the Senior Regional Data Analytics and Use Advisor.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support in implementing routine data quality assessment across the USAID supported states adopting standardized approach as per the PEPFAR, USAID Mission and National guidelines.
- Develop and implement quality assurance and improvement approaches, plans, and tools, focusing on data quality assessments and program improvement plans.
- Coordinate the implementation and evaluation of data and program quality management policies and practices.
- Provide technical support to review of each indicator against the quality standards for the key indicators.
- Provide technical support to assess, improve, and maintain data quality on a routine basis.
- Conduct quarterly data quality score across the data systems i.e., DATIM, APPR, NDR and patient-level data.
- Produce data quality dashboards and reports; implement data quality strategies to govern data and improve data quality effectively.
- Support the implementation of the situation room methodology for data review across other USAID states of interest.
- Support the documentation of data collection systems, data flows, and data quality rules-driven from the profiling and critical data assessments.
- Technical support in OVC indicators performance management both at the national and state level; working with OVC partners to implement best data practices and tracking performance of OVC custom indicators.
- Technical M&E backstop for USAID OVC SI, program teams in relation to reporting requirements in the APPR and OVC custom indicators.
- Conducts routine analysis of the OVC and Gender programs to provide key insights for realignment of strategies.
- Provide timely and routine support to the USAID SI team as required in response to data demands.
- Work with the implementing partners to facilitate and support HFR processes to identify barriers to data use and generate solutions to address those barriers.
- Facilitate training on data use and related topics with implementing partners teams and state ministries including taking creative approaches to providing support in low-bandwidth environments.
- Track activities and performance related to data use and change management, document our work and engage and enthuse stakeholders related to project learning in these areas.
- Liaise with IPs to prototype, test and scale data use interventions and strategies, and to build capacity on data use with a focus on the state level.
- Conduct regular analysis and reviews of state level performance on key priority indicators.
- Work with other Implementing partners to strengthen the data analytics and visualization capabilities of APPR System 2.0, DHIS2, Situation rooms, and other platforms.
- Build the capacity of national programs and County staff in data demand and information use applying developed curricula and conduct follow-on mentorship.
- Build a case and action plan for increasing data use for programmatic and budget decision-making national programs and state levels.
- Implement any other duties assigned as per the dynamic programming environment as defined by USAID.
- A Master’s degree in Public Health, Statistics, Health Informatics, Epidemiology, Computer Science or a related field
- Experience working with HIV/AIDS, TB and OVC programs, implementing complex USAID and/or PEPFAR-funded projects
- Knowledge of USAID and PEPFAR reporting requirements. Experience applying PEPFAR MER guidance and knowledge of DATIM highly preferred.
- Knowledge of global HIV programmatic approaches and current knowledge of HIV prevention, response, TB and care and treatment
- Experience in conducting routine data quality assessments within a PEPFAR-funded context
- High proficiency in Excel; working knowledge of other statistical package(s)
- Strong data visualization skills; experience with PowerBI, Tableau, or other data visualization software is highly desirable.
- At least 3 years’ experience advising on health management information systems or routine health information systems
- Working knowledge of patient-level and aggregate data managements systems including DHIS 2 preferred, i.e. EMR, LIMS
- Knowledge of project management principles, experience managing outputs with multi-disciplinary teams including a broad and extensive knowledge of IT principles, methods and techniques
- Work well under pressure, skilled in crisis management, and problem solving
- Ability to achieve consensus among multiple stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English to communicate technical information to audiences with varying levels of technical expertise.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online