|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Myrtle Management Consultants Limited – Our client, a News Central Media, is currently recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Studio Technical Operator
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- Ensuring availability of quality transmission signal and being alert to respond to signal interruptions on 24-hour basis
- Compile and update the CTS and DTS on a daily basis
- Ensure that the studio equipment is functioning by dusting and testing on a daily basis, and sending faulty equipment to maintenance for repair.
- Efficient handling of equipment, when assigned to an OB or On-site Production by packing in the prescribed manner and ensuring all equipment taken out of company premises, is returned safely
- Customer Service: Keep a log of all customer complaints and errors and ensure a 24-hour turn around for resolution of complaints/errors
- Operating Studio and OB equipment to ensure quality sound and video in-studio productions and live OBs.
- To ensure that the selected shots are well balanced on-screen and relevant to the message.
- Provide a daily report of events & recommend ways of improvements to the Supervisors.
- Act as a sound technician within the gallery and studio ensuring that all sound microphones are in place and working, installation of mobile microphones on guests, and undertaking the various sound and vision mixing in accordance with international Broadcast standards.
- Compiling all commercials, programs, and promos for transmission and ensuring they run as per the Daily Transmission Schedule (DTs);
- Ensuring all cameras and lighting equipment within the studios are correctly aligned at all times before and during live and prerecorded programs;
- Handling of equipment carefully during and a – err productions and sending faulty equipment to the workshop for repair.
- Handling of broadcast equipment outside the premises in times of live or pre-recorded events
- Database maintenance of information in the TV Playout Servers
- To check peak levels against peak/VU meter calibration to ensure clarity of up-sounds/commentary/music as per laid down procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Electronic Technology or related Degree
- 2-5 years of experience in professional live broadcast operations in Live News, Sports, or Entertainment production, (radio/TV/cable) required.
- Previous live show audio mixing experience required.
- Experience with Wheatstone Audio boards preferred.
- Candidate should be a problem solver and quick thinker to resolve existing issues and to work around problems that arise during live news.
- You must be detail-oriented and can multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be self-sufficient and have a press-on-regardless, attitude.
- Must work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to sit for long periods. Able to execute commands based upon verbal or written directives.
- High visual and aural acuity.
- Ability to work under deadlines with tight time constraints. Highly stressful environment at times.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and leadership qualities a must.
Competitive along with other benefits.
Application Closing Date
30th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interviews are on a rolling basis to this date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Further assessments will be required.