Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sustainability Analyst
Location: Ibese, Ogun
Job type: Full time
Category: DCP – Sustainability
- The role is focused on monitoring, analyzing and forecasting sustainability performance of the cement plant operations.
- It monitors industry developments and undertakes specific actions and production-related technology, assessing sustainability implications for the plant.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitors and tracks the plant’s environmental, social, economic and governance (ESG) impact to avert risk exposures.
- Support the plant and mine in implementing Extended Producer Responsibility (EPRP) plans.
- Coordinate data collection and collation for all ESG and related reporting requirements of the plant, ensuring data integrity and validity.
- Collaborate with relevant functions to resolve ESG incidents or complaints received from stakeholders.
- Train company staff, vendors and other stakeholders on relevant sustainability issues and standards.
- Analyze emerging ESG issues and work collaboratively with operations and leadership to provide a plan of action.
- Design and implement circular economy and other sustainability programs to improve sustainability performance of the Plant.
- Analyse developments of energy demand, taking into consideration environment, alternative fuel substitution and the impact on the energy supply mix.
- Carry out any other tasks assigned by the relevant superiors as pertain to his / her background, qualifications and position.
- Candidates should possess an HND / Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Economics, Energy Management, Environmental Science, relevant Engineering discipline. Master’s Degree in related courses such as Sustainable development would be an advantage.
- 6+ years of experience in Sustainability, Environmental & Social Risk Management, Renewable Energy, Consulting in related fields.
- 2+ in Sustainability Reporting using GRI or related global reporting standards such as ISO-26000 (Social Responsibility), ISO 14001 (Environmental Management System)
- Other related professional experiences.
Skills and Competencies:
- Negotiation and crisis management skills.
- Demonstrated experience of talent development and leadership of a technical site-based team.
- Demonstrated experience of effective communication to a broad range of audiences, including plant employees, plant leadership and sustainability institutions.
- Experience with Continuous Emission Monitor Systems and associated compliance reporting.
- Ability to build robust business cases, making data-driven decisions.
- Experienced in Sustainability Reporting using global standards and frameworks.
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Training & Development
- Performance Bonus
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online